• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EBAY:  SOUTH FLORIDA BULLS Team SIGNED FULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

I thought it sounded a little irregular.... that, perhaps, someone asked players to do this for a "hospitalized/dying" child but with sole intention of making a buck.

Thanks for the warning, Eric.  I think that everyone should send the seller an email.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

There is a difference between a fan going to fan day and collecting signatures and then e-baying it and a fan, or unethical enterprenuer calling USF and "deceiving them" with talk of a charity or not-for-profit.

If it's the first, I say buy away. I know I would if it was a UCF helmet.  Someones going to end up with it anyway...so won't USF have to report it as soon as its sold no matter what?

If it's the latter, USF should purchase it back (especially if it is the only way to avoid reporting the situation to the NCAA) and file a fraud report based on the information recieved from the seller.

Guest Josh Newberg

Its not a big deal....comes with the territory of being a big program.   This happens every single day with the big 3 schools.  You think they care? or file charges?!?!?

It should be a good sign thatthere is interest/demand for players signatures on the USF team.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is a difference between a fan going to fan day and collecting signatures and then e-baying it and a fan, or unethical enterprenuer calling USF and "deceiving them" with talk of a charity or not-for-profit.

If it's the first, I say buy away. I know I would if it was a UCF helmet.  Someones going to end up with it anyway...so won't USF have to report it as soon as its sold no matter what?

If it's the latter, USF should purchase it back (especially if it is the only way to avoid reporting the situation to the NCAA) and file a fraud report based on the information recieved from the seller.

The problem is that there is a 3rd condition...

where the person is a "professional autograph hunter".  This person obtained all the autographs specifically to sell them on ebay.  The guy has hundreds of items for sale.  He isn't a fan asking for an autograph.  He is profiteering of the signatures of ncaa athletes.  It is a problem.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Hey everyone:

As a member of the athletic department staff, it is my responsibility to encourage you not to bid on this.  NCAA policy states that a student athlete signature or image may not be used for profit.  The person that is auctioning this item intentionally deceived members of our staff to obtain the item and by putting it on ebay has committed an NCAA violation that we will have to report.  Don't be a part of the problem, be a part of the solution.  Thanks.

Eric

That would be an intentional tort, and shoudl result in swift civil legal remedies to set the precedent that this will not be tolerated.

Maybe Smazza will help...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

But what rule did he break?  Was there even a sign posted at your fan day that said "Autographs may not be used for resale" citing a law somewhere?

Is this person under the jurisdiction of the NCAA?

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We made a USF banner that we brought to FAD and had all the players & coaches sign it Judy and Rocky signed it as well. I think we're gonna do something like it every year. ;)