• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a Beautiful Day for Football...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

too bad the powers that be totally jumped the gun on the decision to postpone the game.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I'd like to point something out that I found fishy. Tranghese states that a Nov. 29 game or even a last night game wouldn't be fair to WVU. Well, what the hell about us buddy?? Not only do you make it where we have one game in a whole month, but they're also taking the wind out of our sails by not letting us get a nice home game/possible win to go into the remainder of our away schedule with!!

Screw the ideas about WVU's QB situation and such, I'm way more concerned about the BE not looking at our situation as well!

Anyone else think that something's wrong there or am I totally off base?? Either way I'm just frustrated I have to go a way long time for a game...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

The prudent decision was made.  The safety of the players, families, fans, and others are more important that fulfilling a football fix.  We all wish we could have played but we cant play a game of "chicken" with a hurricane.

I disagree with you, the prudent decision would have been to wait until we had a better picture of it's path and behavior.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

prudent would have been to wait another 24 hours, thanks for jumping the gun

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

not only did they jump the gun, but they didn't show any respect to our program, and sided with WVU for a Dec. 3 game

What have we done to deserve any respect? We're the new kid on the block ....

The BE needs to get a team ranked higher in the polls by the end of the year. If this IS a conspiracy, I fully understand ..... doesn't mean I like it, though.

Last I checked Trip, they chose US to be in the New Big East. They wanted US because they saw potential to be great, and they wanted to keep a share in the Florida market. I think that at least deserves the respect you would have for a co-worker, maybe not what you have for your best pal (in this case WVU), but you gotta see how this really messes us up.

Another thing, screw rooting for our conference!! Yeah, I said it, what would be so bad about "lowly" USF beating down WVU? I know the obvious reasons that everyone else has for it hurting our conference, but I think everyone's gotta remember we are BULLS FANS FIRST, BIG EAST FANS A DISTANT SECOND. We have the BCS lock for at least three more years right? No matter what the media or any other idiot cries about WE have it. You gotta be in it to win it, and if it means messing up the Big East in the process, I say go for it!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Last I checked Trip, they chose US to be in the New Big East. They wanted US because they saw potential to be great, and they wanted to keep a share in the Florida market. I think that at least deserves the respect you would have for a co-worker, maybe not what you have for your best pal (in this case WVU), but you gotta see how this really messes us up.

I realize it messes us up, to a degree, but again, they're going to what's best for an established BE program and what's best for the conference.

Another thing, screw rooting for our conference!! Yeah, I said it, what would be so bad about "lowly" USF beating down WVU? I know the obvious reasons that everyone else has for it hurting our conference, but I think everyone's gotta remember we are BULLS FANS FIRST, BIG EAST FANS A DISTANT SECOND. We have the BCS lock for at least three more years right? No matter what the media or any other idiot cries about WE have it. You gotta be in it to win it, and if it means messing up the Big East in the process, I say go for it!

I said I understand it but it didn't mean I liked it .......   ;)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

Due to the possiblity of solar flares, tsunami's, earthquakes, tremors, wind, rain, hail, snow, sleet, weather of any kind.... the entire Big East schedule has been cancelled. Thank you and have a nice day!  ;D

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Apparently, the Big East has not yet fully grasped that USF is not actually in south Florida, where the hurricane appears to be headed.