• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL Sounded very frustrated on the Radio.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

He should be. With himself and the other coaches. By not having the confidence in your players. Calling a gimmick play inside the 10.  ::) That kills their confidence. It was all downhill after that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, North Carolina and UCF are daunting places for young QBs to play...  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Give me a break....we lost to a terrible Pitt team in a half filled RJS-clone of a stadium. Road games....any road games are daunting challenges for even experienced QBs.  UNC beat Miami at Chapel Hill and UCF is going to be out for blood next year. The Citrus Dump can get pretty loud and for those clowns playing USF is like playing for the MNC. The last thing we want is to have a young QB take his first couple snaps in a game where all the pressure is on USF to win.

BTW....::) ::) ::)....to you to buddy  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

next year,we need the right young qb if he is not on the roster this year

go out and get a jc qb if you must have experience

don't roll out cd and pj again please

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Can't really disagree with what you are saying. Scary thought....  ;

The bigger question is next year.  Do we really want PJ running the team next year? IMO, if we lose next week against WVU we let Hill play and consider taking Grothe redshirt away if we plan on giving him considerable playing time for the final 4 games.  This give us a head start for next year. If they stink up the joint we can always go back to PJ.

Funny how two games in the BE season, we are already at a crossroads for this season and possibly next.

Yeah, But just because PJ is sucking, doesn't mean Grothe will be any better for the final 4 does it?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, PJ was not the whole problem yesterday.  Who calls a long pass on 3rd and 13 (Peyton landed in bounds but replay blew the call) ??  Who calls a reverse when inside the opponents 15 ??  Who calls plays where the QB has no "check down" option ??  Who doesn't call a deep post play when the safeties are up to stop the run ??

I am not on the fire Rod Smith tangent yet -- he did a decent job against UofL and Miami (good plays poor execution) -- but he really didn't adjust his game plan when it was obvious that Pitt had the answers.

PJ overthew a few players... and had happier feet than a frog on a hot plate... but it was not entirely his fault.

Finally, I will say this... people expect that changing the QB couldn't be worse. I beg to differ.  Remember, we all thought that Banks was not good and BEGGED for Julmiste to be in...

I agree with everything not being PJ's fault. However, I disagree with the Banks comparison. As bad as PJ is he is still better then Banks was. To me he is a Banks clone that can actually make a little happen with his feet. Of course I also think that with so many similar problems that it points to coaching issues. I thought Smith should have been axed long ago as QB coach and I thought the promotion was posibly one of (if the the) worst decision we have made as a program so far. So am I on the fire Smith bandwagon? Well, I don't really see it as a bandwagon since the cries have been comming for years but whatever you call it I am and have been on it for quite some time. Actually, aside from Franks I've been on the "replace the entire offensive coaching staff" wagon for a long time now.

We have to trust that the coaches want to put the best talent on the field.  If they are saying that Hill is not ready, how can you claim otherwise? Are you at the practices watching Hill's progress?

No, sorry. I don't and never will just blindly "trust" that someone knows best. The track record in the past 3 years is terrible so they have not earned the trust at the QB position. Until we see that the decisions they make are proven on the field then those decisions should be viewed with skeptisicm not trust.

PJ is our QB. Do I like that? No. Do I have any choice? No

Do we have a choice? No. Do we have to support it? also NO.