• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong postgame quotes

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Sep. 14, 2019
USF 55, South Carolina State 16
South Florida Head Coach Charlie Strong Quotes

On securing the first team win of the season… “It was good to go get that win tonight. Our defense came out and played very aggressively, translating to our record number of turnovers this game. Offensively, coming in with a new quarterback, we were given a new pace on offense and it was good that [quarterback] Jordan McCloud came in and performed the way we performed, along with individual efforts. So proud to see how our guys were able to bounce back after two back-to-back tough losses”

On the noticeable intensity both sides of the ball… “I told my guys, hey, we wasted two games and can’t afford to waste any more. It’s time for us to start playing. What we’ve been doing the last two weeks wasn’t good enough -- between dropped punts, penalties, and poor blocks. It just isn’t who we are.”

On how this game affects the team’s confidence… “We always look for a confidence builder. Just hoping this game gets our momentum jumpstarted. We have more time to practice, improve, and get better in order to face SMU.”

On winning today by a large spread… “Regardless of the spread, we just needed a win. We didn’t want it to be close because then we would’ve doubted how well we played, but today’s performance is something to build on. We still have issues that need to be cleaned up and play a little better.”

On freshman QB Jordan McCloud, “He doesn’t get phased by a lot, even when they’re bringing pressure. He has that quiet confidence about himself. He’s even that way at practice, just the way he is. Nothing phases him. He has so much pride about himself that is really going to move the offense.”

On the importance of hometown hero QB Jordan McCloud playing well today… “It’s unbelievable for him to come out and play the way he did being a local kid the area. Shows how much talent is truly in the area and how imperative it is for us to recruit that local talent. With [quarterback] Jordan McCloud playing the way he did tonight, as a freshman, we hope that everyone sees that and gets excited.”

On DB KJ Sails stellar performance today… “[Defensive back] KJ Sails is a great cover guy, he plays with so much energy and so much passion, truly the way the game should be played. I think that when guys see the way he plays, they feed off that energy. He’s one of those guys who’s always looking for a challenge; a really high-energy player, rain or shine, that is needed in this program.”

On recruiting during bye week… “We will ramp up recruiting but will also ramp up a lot of practicing. We gotta get that in.”

Press Conference on Persicope:

chunk_1568512544588480145_201_a.jpg?toke
WWW.PSCP.TV

LIVE: Coach Strong’s postgame press conference after today’s win! #BullStrong 🤘💪

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,358
  • Days Won:  43

Probably some of the best quotes I read in a while. Winning helps! Been a long time coming so I don’t care who USF beat. A win is a win and everyone needs confidence. Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

"quiet confidence". Man, I loved that about QF and MM--great players don't need to hype & trash talk. Game talks, I like McCloud even more now.