• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White Sox- 2005 World Series Champions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Just got two tickets for tomorrow night's game from a scalper on Michigan Ave. Nothing like it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the upper deck and payed a lot.  If you are in Chicago and need them the concierge at the Intercontinental Hotel can point you in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

If you were a true fan, you wouldnt have required the services of a "scalper".  Hows that bandwagon of the Black Sox?

Go Devil Rays, Cubs, Bulls, Lightning, Bills, Bucs, Gryphons, Dragons, Spiders, Yellow Jackets, Seagulls

Mike- What you'd do with your UF license plate?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Mike- What you'd do with your UF license plate?

I melted it down and sculpted a silver bull by hand.  I have no shame in saying that I was raised a Gator but I will die a Bull.  

Dave "I really love the University of Maryland and not USF" Mincberg

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

051011_quickie.jpg

The Lead Item

Two Words For You:

FIRE.  TORRE?

Will the Boss axe Joe Torre?

That's the biggest storyline in the "What next?" postscript to yet another Yankees postseason failure. More:

*Stottlemyre's good as gone: But they don't need a pitching coach; they need healthy pitchers.

*Bernie's done in pinstripes: Setting up the inevitable pursuit of Johnny Damon. Come on: You know it's going to happen.

*Matsui is a question mark: If I was Omar Minaya across town, I'd swoop in with a sweet deal.

*You KNOW Cashman wants out: How about a new job in Steinbrenner's Tampa backyard working for the D-Rays' "anti-Boss," Stuart Sternberg?

And don't forget the payroll: They're on the hook for a pitching staff responsible for more zeros in a paycheck than on the scoreboard.

Meanwhile, this winter's free-agency pool is shallow; there are no quick fixes.

Blame doesn't help. When a team decides to measure success in championships, there are only two possible outcomes: Title or no title. Period.

(And that's the biggest difference between Yankees and Red Sox fans, who seem content to write off 2005, some even framing it as overachievement!)

Losing in the LDS? The Yankees might as well have not even qualified for the playoffs, as far as how close they came to another World Series ring.

Firing Torre (for, say, Lou Piniella) isn't the answer; the p.r. fiasco alone makes it idiotic. No one argues the team's chokery is Torre's fault.

But five years of failure, the last three increasingly futile, with every indication that next year will be no different.

The Yankees have created a new dynasty: A half-decade ... of futility.

But unlike the title dynasty, there's no end in sight.

A-Rod: G-O-A-T

When Yankees fans finally assess blame (Wait: They started already? Go figure), the main scapegoat WILL be Alex Rodriguez.

From arguments for MVP a week ago to goat status today: Why? Because he had as many RBIs in the LDS as I did -- zilch.

His chokery may not affect his MVP status this season, but watch for the grimy residue to taint anything he does next year.

(See Q It Up for a must-read edition of Page 2's "2nd Guessing" blame game, between David Schoenfield and Eric Neel.)

ALCS Preview

For all the Yankees schadenfreud, there's a huge problem with NY and Boston being bounced: Will anyone care what happens next? But let's shelve the cynicism for a sec and take the ALCS at face value:

Let's see: The White Sox haven't thrown a pitcher since Friday; the Angels seemingly threw everyone but the BP guy last night.

The White Sox have been sitting at home since Saturday; the Angels went from NY on Sunday to LA on Monday to Chicago for a game today.

The White Sox out-slugged and out-clutched the best-slugging, most-clutch team in baseball; the Angels barely held off the Yankees' tired chokery.

The White Sox are the new America's rooting interest, not having won a title since 1917; the Angels just won a title in 2002, not exactly easy to root for.

60 percent of ESPN.com users think the White Sox will win the ALCS; after the way they dismantled Boston, how can you not agree with them? Pick: Sox 4-2.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

They need to keep Torre and Mel did an awesome job this yr.

Mid season they wound up bringing up small and getting chacon and still won the division.

I think the Yankees are a lot closer than many think....we need a speedy CF who can play defense and leadoff. I'm the biggest Bernie supporter (he has been my favorite Yankee...my dog is named Bernie) and I hope if he doesn't retire he comes back as a back-up outfielder.

I would love to see Juan Pierre in pinstripes.

Jeter would be more productive in the 2 hole with a bonified leadoff hitter.

I think they should def. resign Matsui.

Cano will only get better as he is only 22 so the infield is set.

The bullpen will be improved next yr because of Small

the rotation will have RJ, Pavono, Moose, Wang, Chacon, Wright....good to have 6 as one will probably be hurt...

they will finally get kevin the clown brown ($15MM) off of the payroll as well as Karsay ($5MM) and Bernie made $12MM in 2005.

you know you'll be after Damon... and he's already playing the hot stove game (5 minutes after game 3 ended).