• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron & Ian discussing the TASER INCIDENTS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

again, look at past history.....hell, look at saturday night for god sakes.

not one of the people that were confronted by the cops were headed towards the goalposts. Now, I know that that doesnt mean no one wouldve, but the FIRST wave over the wall is usually the ones leading the charge.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

again, look at past history.....hell, look at saturday night for god sakes.

not one of the people that were confronted by the cops were headed towards the goalposts. Now, I know that that doesnt mean no one wouldve, but the FIRST wave over the wall is usually the ones leading the charge.

If all the students had been allowed to continue to pour onto the field, nobody knows what would have happened. The authorities decided to look at the worst case scenario and acted on the side of safety for all ............ except the unfortunate few who were needed to be made examples of.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

Hmmm .........

Fans surging toward the field after USF's 45-14 victory over Louisville were chanting "They're coming down! They're coming down!," referring to the goalposts, security officials said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/28/Tampabay/Fans_want_call_of_unn.shtml

They ARE making that up.  I distinctly remember in my section, the student end, a unified "storm the field" chant.  Like I've said before, we had already discussed staying away from the posts, so unless one or two clowns said that (which I doubt) or a different section cheered that (which I doubt even more), they're making that up to cover their own butts knowing that people will believe the "authority" figures over the drunken students.

But like I said earlier too, the TPD officer several other gentlemen and I were taunted and threatened by made up the fact that I threw Gatorade at him--when I asked him if he was just making things up now he even said something along the lines of "I'll come up with something" to take me to jail for.  So it's not surprising they would embellish the story when the newspaper gets involved.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

Those were just 5 instances that led to actual arrest. It sounds like the violence was against more then just those 5 kids. What about the others? And what about the guards hitting kids hands who were in the stands, what did they do wrong?

Yeah, what about a TPD officer trying to break your fingers for leaning over the wall?  In the newspaper story, I'm pretty sure Alec was talking about me when he mentioned that scenario, since I was right next to him.  Ask him and others there, what had I done yet?  If not for my reflexes, I could file a suit against RJS and TPD.  But then again, they'd probably make up a story that I was a threat or they thought I was trying to willfully destroy property by tearing down a banner like some other people did.  

Apparently looking like you're about to do something is cause to get hit with a baton.    >:(

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

What you guys refuse to acknowledge is that you, or anybody else, cannot say it wouldn't have turned into a riot if the students were allowed to keep coming down on the field. That the goal posts wouldn't have ultimately been a target. That a drunk Bulls fan wouldn't have gone up to Dumervil, said something and had his face bashed in. Security did the correct thing in hammering the first ones down and making an example to discourage the rest from joining in ...

From a safety standpoint, not allowing anybody to storm the field is a no brainer ..... to most.

You are just making an assumption same as the rest of us but the difference is under your assumption you purposefully hurt someone "in case" they might hurt themselves. As others have mentioned, we've had several incidents of storming the field so judging from how our fans have reacted it's been very good natured celebrations. The track reckord gives the fans a "benefit of the doubt" IMO.

Besides, I can't say it enough...if the authorities said it's ok then as long as they follow the guidelines given then any issue of tresspassing is null and void.

oh and 20-40 people against 270 officers and guards seems highly unlikely to turn into a riot.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

The thing that really stands out is giving the go ahead then trying to make a point. I disagreed with the action before that but after hearing the kids were told it was ok I think it was almost criminal on the part of security.

Yes, it's called entrapment.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Besides, I can't say it enough...if the authorities said it's ok then as long as they follow the guidelines given then any issue of tresspassing is null and void.

What guidelines? Who said they could storm the field?

oh and 20-40 people against 270 officers and guards seems highly unlikely to turn into a riot

So those 20-40 were the only ones that had decided to storm the field?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

I didnt hear that.

If they're gonna use that chant as an example, you would think that it wouldve been a loud and unified chant.

All I heard was RUSH THE FIELD, RUSH THE FIELD....

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

This should have told you not to rush the field or else...

police_lined_up.jpg

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

That is an awesome picture of the student section!!  ;D