• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fans Question Force Used To Arrest Field Rushers

BULLheaded...

The person who said stay away from the goalposts works for USF - not RayJay.

It would be like me telling the students not to rush the goalposts... you can not infer any permission from that.

Moreover, I would expect that he felt there would be hundreds of students rushing the field, not 30-40.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, under the right circumstances, I might be among the crowd going over the walls.

The only difference is that I know it's against the law and that I am taking a risk in doing it.  If that happens and I get arrested, I surely wouldn't be whining about it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

BULLheaded...

The person who said stay away from the goalposts works for USF - not RayJay.

It would be like me telling the students not to rush the goalposts... you can not infer any permission from that.

Moreover, I would expect that he felt there would be hundreds of students rushing the field, not 30-40.

actually the guy said the security on the field and the usf officials said it was ok. Either way, as far as the student knows someone "in charge" said to go ahead and go just don't mess with the goal posts. If I was there and was told that I'd certainly feel it was not a problem if I went onto the field.

By the way, under the right circumstances, I might be among the crowd going over the walls.

The only difference is that I know it's against the law and that I am taking a risk in doing it.  If that happens and I get arrested, I surely wouldn't be whining about it.

so your saying that if you were there and the officials on the field regardless of if it was a USF or TSA or police officer told you to go ahead just don't touch the posts you would still know it is against the law? Definitely smarter then I would be.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

One of the guys in the purple told us not to be the first one.  We have been told that it's ok to rush, as long as we kept away from the goal posts.  

I'll tell you what made me not rush.  I was extremely scared of the guys after I saw what they were doing to the first ones that ran down there.  I'm prety positive that's what stopped the other hundreds of students the wanted to do that same.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

by the way...however is saying, 'oh its not as cut and dry as you made it out to be"  stop with your BS please.  all of these allegedy acts of violence towards police or security all happened AFTER they were knocked down blinded sided like a defenseless WR going for a ball over the middle of the field.  its not like students jumped on the field, found the nearest security or police and spit in their face and punched them.  also, if i just got body slammed to the grass, face first, the first thing i'm going to do when they finally pull my face out of the dirt is spit the grass in my mouth out.  now we ALL know how police can take something like this and say 'o this drunk college kid just spit on me, lets throw the book at him'

i'm glad to see this is getting some media coverage

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's apparent that there are two differing views here and one isn't going to change the others mind.  Let's just hope it all get's worked out so this doesn't happen again.  BTW, don't we have a game this Saturday?

It's apparent that there are two differing views here and one isn't going to change the others mind.  Let's just hope it all get's worked out so this doesn't happen again.  BTW, don't we have a game this Saturday?

Unfortunately it will happen again, there will be bigger and more important games. It would be nieve not to expect it, I just hope that the "make a point" attitude changes.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I meant I hope the confrontation doesn't happen again.  Personally, if it is allowed, I have no problem with fans on the field after an emotional win, when it is spontainious.

I have a problem with tearing down the goal posts (that costs our school money) and pre-planned "rushing the field" as was mentioned on here last season.

I meant I hope the confrontation doesn't happen again.  Personally, if it is allowed, I have no problem with fans on the field after an emotional win, when it is spontainious.

I have a problem with tearing down the goal posts (that costs our school money) and pre-planned "rushing the field" as was mentioned on here last season.

I can agree with that  :)