• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Love From Anybody

Guest Wildrover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

what will give the bulls respect woud be for the ville to beat the ever loving snot out of the tar babies and for the bulls to play the canes close....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Fowler isn't totally off base, saying USF is a commuter school.  Many of the students don't live on campus.  In order for these broadcasters to take us serious, we have to patch together a few impressive wins in order to get some respect.

RESPECT IS EARNED, NOT GIVEN AWAY..........

How are you a commuter school when 9000 live on campus and another 10000 live within two miles?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Fowler isn't totally off base, saying USF is a commuter school.  Many of the students don't live on campus.

That commuter reference really pisses me off.  By the "students who do not live on campus" definition, most universities are commuter schools.

How many people live on campus at UF or FSU (just using them as an example on "non-commuter schools" in Florida)?  I bet less than 50%, or they would have 40,000+ dorm spaces.  Should we start calling those schools "commuter schools".

Commuter school has a connotation of a school that is a degree mill.  That works great for correspondence/over the internet schools like  Florida Metropolitan University - the new name for the old Tampa College degree mill - but it is an insult to USF and any other school tagged with "commuter school" .

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

I was talking to a UT student (originally from syracuse) today about college football and he brought up how "Louisville dropped an egg last night against some team from Florida.  UL was the big east only hope and they sucked it up last night.  Now the big east is screwed." Then he said something about how they got destroyed by a nobody.  All this while I am wearing a USF shirt.  I got up and left, but had to drop in that USF was going to **** syracuse in a few weeks.  Ignorance at such levels is painful.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Lesser known teams beat more recognized schools almost every week.   Don't exepct the woprld to stop because we had one big win.

I don't expect we'll beat MIA at MIA (but didn't think we'd beat L'ville either...) and that is our last OOC game.   If we beat the other top teams in the BE will it make people think we're for real or will it solidify their notion that the BE is weak?  I'm afraid it's going to be the latter.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

I hate the Florida Today....

Red-hot Bulls are next

BY CRAIG HANDEL

FLORIDA TODAY

CORAL GABLES - University of Miami football coach Larry Coker started rattling off some of the surprise teams this year.

Fresno State, Vanderbilt . . .

Then a reporter mentioned South Florida. Chuckles followed.

"That should've been the first one on the list," Coker said.

South Florida (3-1) pulled off the biggest upset of the college football season when it drilled No. 9 Louisville 45-14 on Saturday. It was the Bulls' first win over a ranked team.

After doing Miami a huge favor by beating a Louisville team many thought would go through the regular season unbeaten, USF (3-1) now faces the ninth-ranked Hurricanes (2-1) on Saturday in the Orange Bowl.

"That's why we scheduled South Florida because they're a Big East team and a good program," Coker said. "(USF coach) Jim Leavitt does a tremendous job. They beat Pittsburgh a few years ago. And that was Louisville's first loss since we beat them.

"It'll be quite a wake-up call. There's no free lunch."

USF sophomore WR Amarri Jackson ran for two touchdowns and threw for another as the Bulls jumped out to a 21-0 first-half advantage. Jackson finished the night with 63 yards rushing, 75 receiving and 11 yards passing.

"He had a great day yesterday," Coker said. "I saw some of highlights. It's one thing to have trick plays, it's another to execute the way they did."

USF's move to the Big East has created a little buzz in the Tampa area as the team has averaged almost 41,000 in its three home wins.

"I would hope we would (draw more)," Coker said. "It's televised at night. There are no excuses."

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050926/SPORTS/509260333/1002/sports

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to keep winning

one win over louisville won't do it

when was our last meaningful win ?2001 against pitt

usf needs to beat miami

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

smaza you are so right.  USF needs to beat Miami.  A win adds a BE victory over one of the top ACC teams and will bring a huge amount of respect to USF football.  A loss and everyone will just say UL is over rated and our win was a fluke.