• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ashley Burns SHUTS THE HELL UP!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Does she know what "jumped the shark" means?

According to his context I would have to guess he does not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I've been thinking, and I've been trying to figure out what bothers me about all this. And here it is:

I'm sick and tired of OTHER PEOPLE telling us what our traditions should and shouldn't be.

USF's traditions, whatever they may be, need to spring from the desires of USF's students, alums, fans, athletes, and leaders. Not columnists, politicians, and political entities that have no affiliation with our school.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

how can the article honestly the Big East does not provide a recruiting advantage?? are they really that dense?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Because the same C-Usa that suck until UCF joined them is far better than the Big East unless we let them in, pay attention ::)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

This Constantine guy is like most of the UCF fans as far as I can tell.  He said the USF game was the most important game in the history of the UCF program.  

In a way that's a good thing, I guess.  It shows that they think of us as a prett big program and that they are (were) trying to show that they belong with us.  Of course the results didn't say that.

I guess we are just looking for different things.  This Louisville game is bigger in my opinion, and I dare say we could have a larger attendence for this game than for the UCF game, especially since we are playing a top 10 team, Miami plays at noon, FSU is off, and UF is on at 3:30.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

You know, I've been thinking, and I've been trying to figure out what bothers me about all this. And here it is:

I'm sick and tired of OTHER PEOPLE telling us what our traditions should and shouldn't be.

USF's traditions, whatever they may be, need to spring from the desires of USF's students, alums, fans, athletes, and leaders. Not columnists, politicians, and political entities that have no affiliation with our school.

I think there is something to be said for that Gary.

Has anybody asked the students what they think?  I'd be curious if they actually enjoyed the game.  They seemed to turn out for it and actually be fired up.  

Everybody always complains about the student attendance, but when they show it might be interesting to find out why.

After all, these are your future fans that can really bump up the fanbase.  You'll get old time alums in the mix, but no substitute for getting fans to care about the product while they are actually there.  

I'm sure Kosha Irby is doing much of that now, but you look at the student attendance at that game and there are some lessons to be learned.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Has anybody asked the students what they think?  I'd be curious if they actually enjoyed the game.  They seemed to turn out for it and actually be fired up.

Everybody always complains about the student attendance, but when they show it might be interesting to find out why.

Great points. From all indications, the game was important to the student bodies, and to the players. The market has spoken in favor of the series, a lot more than I thought it would. (As you know, my attendance prediction has long been 35,000, and I would have predicted less had I known UCF would be 0-for-16 going into it.)

If our student body is going to get psyched for UCF, and the general public is going to buy tickets for UCF, well then let's play UCF.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Great points. From all indications, the game was important to the student bodies, and to the players. The market has spoken in favor of the series, a lot more than I thought it would. (As you know, my attendance prediction has long been 35,000, and I would have predicted less had I known UCF would be 0-for-16 going into it.)

If our student body is going to get psyched for UCF, and the general public is going to buy tickets for UCF, well then let's play UCF.

I would love to know the breakdown on fans Saturday; USF, UCF, interested bystanders ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Yes but, I dont see the same level of interest in future years if we are capable of pounding them year in, year out.  That will get boring and you won't have the "new car smell" like this year.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I think the breakdown of fans is definately a good idea. UCF fans keep claiming they brought approx 12,000 fans. Not sure what the actual number is but it was pretty clear at the game that they were here in force. The reason I bring this up is that who really cares about THOSE fans when we are talking about what OUR school wants? If you use the 12k number then what does the game look like? 45,000-12,000=33,000 fans. If you figure most visiting schools bring a few hundred fans or maybe a thousand on a good day then lets bring that number to about 34,000. Oh and of course we can't forget that we always inflate our numbers (funny I haven't heard anyone from ucf arguing about it this ONE game lol) so let's lop off about 3k for that and were at 31,000.

Definitely good attendance and the student turnout was good as well but that number isn't mind numbingly larger then the average games we have against decent opponents. The other thing I keep hearing is that nobody expects our school to travel nearly as well to the game next year. If that ends up the case then the attendance numbers point to just one more example of how this rivalry is more important to them then it is us IMO.