• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing: Carlton Hill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

We have to get them the ball this week, or it will be a long night.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

granted IU is not a football power house....however thay are still a Big10 team so the kid must have some talent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

hmmmm...... did we lose a game or something?

Let's let the coaches decide how to utilize our weapons properly to secure our victories, allow the program to continue to improve, and NOT give the next opponent to easy of a blue print on how to stop our team.

In other words-- expect more playing time and wrinkles from C4 as time goes on. If you have a working blue print-- you don't throw it away just to appease some fans who want to see particular players get some star time.

AS for C4 leaving the Bulls--- don't count on it. He can see we are a quality program that has a specific vision. We also are giving him all the opportunities in the world to compete for whatever position he desires. That's all he asked for and he came to USF understanding that we had brought in lots of new QB talent to compete with him for that role.

The bottom line is C4 is not quite ready to run the offense. But he wants to play and the coaches want him out there too. I think everything is going according to plan, short of losing to PSU.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe for President!

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Josh, from what you have seen at practice, just how good does Hill look.  From the little film I have seen he is obviously fast and has good agility, and his arm seems above average.  bad mechanics seem to be a problem.  nut could you provide some input on his arm strength, accuracy, and just how fast this guy really is?

Guest Josh Newberg

I've said this about 10 times between my scout.com board and this one so i dont want to sound repetitive, but ill give it a shot  ;)

From what i see at practice he has a great arm, he has one of those arms that looks lazy but then the ball comes out like a laser.  He is fast, no doubt.  But idealy you would like your QB to stay in the pocket more than he does.  He is hesitant with the arm and like to take off probably a little earlier than he should.

I would keep him at receiver but thats just my opinion.  I think he can keep going back and forth this year but by next fall practice he needs to settle into a single postion.  but until then, switch away!!

Josh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

...I know voluntary practice was no pads and all that but, from what I saw he was a much better pure passer than both Denson and Grothe.  ...

Josh

Are you comparing GrothE on just the voluntary or his HS career ? And do you have anything on Gregory's HS info ?

Guest Josh Newberg

Im comparing from what I've seen in college (voluntary and practice)....all these kids were good/great in HS, once you get to college nobody cares what you did in HS.  Same as when a college player goes to the pro's, nobody cares.  But im not trying to knock any of them.  They all work hard and they're a great group.  He asked a question of what I've seen and i replied.  Im not saying Gregory should start next year, only what ive seen thus far.

Josh

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

my guess is denson will move to db next season

I thought that is why he left Auburn.  He wanted to play QB.