• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville and the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Ok, so now we are playing #8 Louisville at RayJay next week.  The highest-ranked (I believe) opponent we've ever faced at home and currently is the highest-ranked Big East team.

What if we beat them?

I know, I know...  what do you mean 'if'?  It should be 'when'!  

But team loyalty aside and if we beat them, what does this do to the Big East?  Does it confirm our choice as a new member and indicate to the nation that USF has the potential to quickly fill the shoes of one of departed teams, or does it hurt the image of the conference by toppling the Cards from near the top of the BCS standings?

Is it early enough in the season where they can bounce back into the top 10 if they run the table?  

WVa is climbing quickly, so it's not like UL is the only decent team in the conference right now, but will a USF victory  help or hurt the conference in the short term?

I'm thinking a knee-jerk negative, but will ultimately help long-term if we have strong outings against WVa and, especially, Miami.  

Honestly, I'll about USF winning and do not care what it does to the long term of the Big East!  A win against # 8 Louisville will do so much for us! National Exposure, Team Confidence, Campus Frenzy, Increase in Attendance and think of all the recruits we may be able to take away from Lousiville and the rest of the Big East!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Just win...our guys have to be ready and have to Bullieve.  This is going to be the toughest game in our history, but with a solid game plan, effort and a little luck maybe...it has to be considered winnable or we shouldn't play the game.

Let's Go Bulls!  Beat the Cards!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

How about if we beat them and then Miami?  Hey, it won't be easy and Louisville looks to me to be the best team we'll face this year.  I hope we can keep the game close and then break a play or two that will win it.

I'm mainly concerned about our pass defense this week.  I hope we can get the heat on their qb, because he seems able to hit a guy if he gets time.  His stats this week are a bit scary.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Forget "perception". It's all about conference standings, baby. Win seven Big East games, and we go to a major NYD bowl game. It's that simple. And the first one is this weekend.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

if we win im sure fans will attempt to rush the field but no way they let anyone get near the goalposts.  nor do i even think tearing down the goalposts is even a good tradition

Guest Collegecard

With everyone in the media slamming the BE, I was a huge fan of all 7 other BE teams in every single non-conference game.

Now that we are in conference play (at least starting it), yeah it would bring the league many complaints if the Bulls upset UofL. From your perspective, who cares. No one should even remotely lay down for the good of a conference. Both teams will come to play all out as they should.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

We beat L'ville ... we "may" receive votes ... but most important is that it gives us a BIG edge on winning the conf. Most important as gary said above.

Will worry about um Sunday . . .