• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is There a Defense Against Louisville's Offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Our defense has really show an amazing effort despite all the injuries to key players Verpaele and Buie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

This is not even close to the UL team of last year.  We need to run the ball well and have some long drives and then have our D make a few big plays and then I BULLieve we have a shot to win this one.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

USF will have to pressure the QB and shutdown the run, nothing is impossible.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

UCF made our secondary look like swiss cheese. Louisville will make it look like we're only playing with a  front 7.

I'm not really sure how to act next week. During pregame, we talk a LOT of crap to the opposing team.....but, um, we're gonna get crushed so I dont really know what to do/say. Help?

Guest D. Foster

Louisville stayed at the Wyndham Hotel in downtown Tampa when they played us two years ago. Chances are, they are staying there again this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

...but, um, we're gonna get crushed so I dont really know what to do/say. Help?

Suggestion:

;D

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Lets all go to the hotel where they are stationed, pretend to be frat guys from another school, and pick fights with key offensive starters.  If we get at least brohm and bush suspended for a game, everything should be a o k.

That or pressure the crap out of brohm and hope he makes mistakes.

Haha, now that's funny!

I don't know what to think about this game.  I'm always optimistic...ALWAYS.  Yes, it's Louisville and yes they're top 10, but still...upsets happen and that's what I'm hoping for.

Guest Collegecard
UCF made our secondary look like swiss cheese. Louisville will make it look like we're only playing with a  front 7.

I'm not really sure how to act next week. During pregame, we talk a LOT of crap to the opposing team.....but, um, we're gonna get crushed so I dont really know what to do/say. Help?

That is not recommended! Two teams did that last year. Granted both were at home but both ECU and UC came in and jumped up and down pre-game on the Cardinal at midfield (obviously that will be impossible) and got up in UofL player's faces.

ECU got the better end of the deal, losing 59-7. UC drove home after 70-7.

---------------------------------------------

Phil, what are we not as good at this year as last year? After 2 games last year we were only avg. 40 points a game, right now after 2 we're avg. 47.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

On Offense, having sustained drives that end up with points will be a huge factor. We can't turn the ball over. The passing game will be a bit more in play in this game as well. PJ needs to keep playing the way he has been.

Obviously, the D needs to play their best game and force some turnovers. Louisville will get their yards and points. Nicholas will need to be the man as we have come to expect.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

If you look at both of Louisville's games, but especially the Oregon State game, they won because of stupid mistakes by the other team. Grant it they capitalized on those mistakes, but special team mistakes and stupid turnovers plagued Oregon State. If we keep the turnovers to a minimum 9by that I mean 0, 1 tops) and force a few of our own, Louisville is beatable. They will let you score with them, but you have to find a way to stop their offensive firepower.