• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is There a Defense Against Louisville's Offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Louisville rolled up 63 points against Oregon State today.  Anyone got any ideas on our defense for next week?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone got any ideas on our defense for next week?

If we just build this giant wooden badger........

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Lets all go to the hotel where they are stationed, pretend to be frat guys from another school, and pick fights with key offensive starters.  If we get at least brohm and bush suspended for a game, everything should be a o k.

That or pressure the crap out of brohm and hope he makes mistakes.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I absolutely respect Louisville, but I do not think their offense is invincible. Kentucky, who does not have a good defense (they have given up 31, 29 , and 38 points  in three games this year) held them to 31 points (L'Ville scored only 3 in the 2nd Half).

If our defense can bottle up the run and our DBs continue to play their Bend But Don't Break Style, ala the Bucs, I think we can have a shot.

Hold them under 35 points and who knows, we might just shock the world and set up a monumental road trip to UM.  

Guest ULoverUK
I absolutely respect Louisville, but I do not think their offense is invincible. Kentucky, who does not have a good defense (they have given up 31, 29 , and 38 points  in three games this year) held them to 31 points (L'Ville scored only 3 in the 2nd Half).

If our defense can bottle up the run and our DBs continue to play their Bend But Don't Break Style, ala the Bucs, I think we can have a shot.

Hold them under 35 points and who knows, we might just shock the world and set up a monumental road trip to UM.  

You probably don't know this but Petrino has admitted he likes to go conservative in opening games.  Last year we beat UK 28-0 with 60% plus run plays.  This year it was 67% run plays against them.  Most of the nation knows what happened after that.  I wouldn't put much stock in the Kentucky game.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Although L'Ville obviously dominated the game against Oregon State, I do not know how much stock to put into that win. Oregon State beat a lowly Division II Portalnd State to start the season and then edged out a win againt a seemingly washed up Boise State team.

While I would never be full of enough Hubris to come on this board and talk about how we will destroy UL, I do think that we can (and hopefully) will make it a competitive game, IMO.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

louisville  can be beat but we wont do it

it has to be a balanced offensive team

usc  and texas would easily  louisville

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

park the team bus on the goal line