• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPT:  Auman nearly perfect-UCF must read

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Can't argue with that Kizarvexis, now go ice that finger.   

exactly, when the ucfers cant argue they ignore.

Kizarvexis just put them on blast.

no ucf fan in their right mind can combat those stats.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

exactly, when the ucfers cant argue they ignore.

Kizarvexis just put them on blast.

no ucf fan in their right mind can combat those stats.

Mav tried .............. but he doesn't really fit your criteria.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

USF may not have used UCF as its model when forming your FB program, but the model Griffin did use was a direct result of our experience.  When we ****-near bankrupted our entire athletic program in 1983-84 due to our FB program, the state Board of Trustees instituted new rules design to ensure that future startup FB programs had a stable foundation.  Thats's why Griffin hired LRS to raise the required $5M, that's why he hired TheJim a year ahead of your first practice, etc - the BOT required him to do that, based upon our bad experience.

It must be a nice thing to hold onto that your claim to greatness, is that you showed others how NOT to do it.

That's classic!  I say this one goes into the HOF!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I call chicken-$hit!!!  You still FEAR LOSING TO UCF>>BOTTOM LINE!!!

In a stupid way, you have made a great point!  If we beat you year in year out, it's because we were supposed to.  In other words, it won't make us look good.  If you get lucky one year and beat us, we look bad.

Either way, we won't look good or we look bad.  Why would anyone want to put themselves in a no win situation?

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Artificial turf considerations had nothing to do with its construction.  The indoor facility was built because we were losing multiple practices due to lightning storms.  Orlando is the #2 lightning storm capital of the world, because the Gulf and Atlantic sea breezes collide over hot earth in Polk, Osceola, Orange and Seminole Counties during the summer.

We gained 9 pre-season practices this year alone because of that facility.

It might be nice to have an indoor facility, but IMO a waste of money.  Lightning storms don't last that long in FL.  It's not like the northern schools who have a snow storm move in for a week.  Do FSU, UF or UM have indoor facilities?  Spend the money somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

It might be nice to have an indoor facility, but IMO a waste of money.  Lightning storms don't last that long in FL.  It's not like the northern schools who have a snow storm move in for a week.  Do FSU, UF or UM have indoor facilities?  Spend the money somewhere else.

It's been a huge benefit.  There are NCAA rules governing practice time so it is precious.  Being able to schedule practice whenever the staff wants and not based on the weather has been huge.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

"It might be nice to have an indoor facility, but IMO a waste of money.  Lightning storms don't last that long in FL.  It's not like the northern schools who have a snow storm move in for a week.  Do FSU, UF or UM have indoor facilities?  Spend the money somewhere else."

That's not true.  Orlando-area thunderstorms frequently last over an hour, and when you factor in a half-hour either way for legitmate liability concerns you lose valuable PT.  As for FSU, UF or UM (and USF) they're not in the lightning corridor...

"It must be a nice thing to hold onto that your claim to greatness, is that you showed others how NOT to do it.

That's classic!  I say this one goes into the HOF!"

Do what you want with that post.  I wasn't happy with that situation then, nor proud of it now.  My point was that  due to our problems USF built a better foundation for your acknowledged success (to-date).  My point was that Griffin's comments were BS.

And for my benefit, how do you do the cool copy & paste of other's posts?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Orlando is the #2 lightning storm capital of the world...

Not to be too nit-picky, but are you sure about your facts?

According to this NOAA website, Melbourne, FL is the 'Lightning Capital' of the US. The page goes on to say the following.

According to a NASA study, there are areas in the tropics of Africa, Asia, and South and Central America that have more lightning then Florida does. Rwanda, a country in Africa, is known as the lightning capital of the world.

Somehow, I think that makes you further down the world list than 2nd.

Kizarvexis

P.S. Orlando is about 50 miles from Melbourne, so guess UCF fans can get away with calling it a suburb, while USF can not call Tampa their home, since they are in unincorporated Tampa. UCF logic at work.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

And for my benefit, how do you do the cool copy & paste of other's posts?

Click the "quote" icon on top of the post you want to quote.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

My point was that  due to our problems USF built a better foundation for your acknowledged success (to-date).  My point was that Griffin's comments were BS.

Not sure which of Griffin's comments you were refering to but it certainly couldn't have been THIS one:

"They've passed them by," Griffin said. "Why give (UCF) a platform to say that isn't true?"