• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Game Pep Rally, Bulls Happy Hour (OT)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s not for lack of reason. We self inflicted a wound at about the least opportune time. We then made a horrible hire, to replace a legend that only lasted three years as we managed to go 3-9. We felt that was rock bottom and then we hired someone hell bent and determined to run power football and dragged us to 2-10 while losing to FCS schools and F?U schools while at the same time getting relegated to the kiddy table and having to join forces with UCF who we had long left in our rear view mirror. Then we somehow miracle our way back to respectability and as soon as that happens the sub .500 coach that never won a bowl game and finally learned to win bolts and we replace him with what should be a decent hire but instead UCF somehow steals our thunder and starts winning every game for years while doing so with different coaches and QBs as they get national attention and play in NY6 games. Meanwhile we are playing at 7-5 in a game that is amazingly less appealing than an AAC game while being at the same horrible game day environment we suffer thru at least six times every year while it rains coldly on our stuffing which at least can help us pretend we aren’t crying. There is plenty of reasons for people to be reasonably griping. Did I mention we were promised big changes?

I’m confused, most of what I read on this board is that we should stay at RayJay because we can’t afford to build what our fans feel they deserve.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, South Tampa said:

I’m confused, most of what I read on this board is that we should stay at RayJay because we can’t afford to build what our fans feel they deserve.

Ray Jay isn’t our problem, it’s been lively before and it could be lively again. When UCF becomes a marquee game it’s kind of hard to drum up excitement in the fanbase much less the casual fan. Losing the heart and soul of our program, joining the kiddy table, having to play an AAC slate of opponents and averaging.500 football post CJL all have much more to do with our issues than Ray Jay does. I have been to Brighthouse when the environment was more dead than Ray Jay could ever dream of being so I will not pretend that riding the wave of success doesn’t have a lot more to do with the excitement in Oviedo than does the POS stadium they play in.