• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should USF and UCF play every year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

LOL!  Anyone citing smazza as a source of common sense seriously compromises his own posted opinions!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogwash?  You ride the fact that we need five games a year, but deny the fact that 2 for 1 deals are better than a 1 for 1 with UCF?  Maybe we've just got a difference of opinion, but if you think we don't need more 2 for 1s over the next four seasons, then I think your desire for a rivalry is clouding your judgment.

Mike, I am not talking about a 1 for 1 with UCF... I would most certainly agree that a 2 for 1 with Podunk U answers our scheduling matter slightly better than a 1 for 1 with UCF.

I am talking about a 10 for 10 with UCF.  Or 20 for 20.  A permanently scheduled game is better than a 2 for 1 for scheduling purposes.

It may not be better for SOS - but that wasn't the argument.

If you figure that we have 25 OOC games to fill over the next 5 years, UCF could fill 5 of them -- 20% for 1 team.  A 2 for 1 only fills 3 of them.

I do not advocate signing any contract for a length of more than 5 years.  Too much changes...

And it is the next 5 seasons including this one that are of primary concern right now.  Perhaps we could expand the current contract to make it a 3 for 2, and revisit as we figure out what happens with the BE at the end of this 5 year period.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I do not advocate signing any contract for a length of more than 5 years.  Too much changes...

Are you expecting UCF to suddenly break-out and become a top-25 team?

No, I don't.  I'm talking about the entire college athletics landscape...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289
  • Days Won:  0

MikeB,

You're a bitter little man.  Heck you're in Michigan and you don't come down for USF games.  You've been outvoted by your brethren here.  And you're going to eat some serious crow when UCF comes into your house and beats you.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

im not going to read this whole thread but if i understand his point that a 2-1 with someone like FIU is better than a 1-1 with UCF.... then I agree, completely.

I'm in Michigan and don't come down for games means exactly what?  LOL, talk about a bitter little man.  I've already travelled to a game this year, thank you very much.  As for being outvoted by "my brethren", the vote here is hardly scientific.  It would be interesting to see what the vote would be without UCF fans on it, since we know that every single one of you folks that have been whining and crying for this game for a decade voted the first option.  I'll bet that without UCF fans votes, it goes the other direction.

I'll meet you on this thread next week for your own dose of crow as you rescind your last sentence.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

You've been outvoted by your brethren here.

Was "Guest" voting turned off for the poll?