• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East is 2-2...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

against OOC with 2 games to go.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

Yes but the two wins we have are not impressive at all.  Pitts getting blown out by ND.  If opening weekend is any indication of how strong the new Big East conference is, than you've got to admit we are weak.  Mid-Major I think.  We certainly can't compete with the big boys in the SEC, ACC, etc.  In fact, I'd say Con. USA was far more impressive than the Big East.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

what did CUSA do??  moral victories?

They are 2-4 with victories over Duke and Willaim and Mary so far

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69

You're right UTLaw.  I forgot that TCU had bailed from Con USA.  So their victory over Oklahoma doesn't count.  Speaking of moral victories- UAB took it to your boys in Knoxville, huh?

You're right UTLaw.  I forgot that TCU had bailed from Con USA.  So their victory over Oklahoma doesn't count.  Speaking of moral victories- UAB took it to your boys in Knoxville, huh?

taking it to someone would involve actually winning and winning soundly.... just doublechecked the box score and UT is still undefeated

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

OK, UTLawBull83, a 17 - 10 victory by a SEC powerhouse over a middle of the pack CUSA team is nothing to brag about.  UT will have to play better in the SEC or it will be a long year for "Fat Phil".

OK, UTLawBull83, a 17 - 10 victory by a SEC powerhouse over a middle of the pack CUSA team is nothing to brag about.  UT will have to play better in the SEC or it will be a long year for "Fat Phil".

1) UAB is not a middle of the pack CUSA team, they will probably be a contender for the title this year

2) Who was bragging? It's embarassing

3) UT went through the same problem as USF with QB problems, so they are still trying to work out their problems.  Everyone up here thinks they are SEC title contenders, but as a neutral observer they are going to get raped in the Swamp in two weeks without serious improvement, fast

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The Big East is about to be 2-3.  Pitt is getting it handed to them.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

1) UAB is not a middle of the pack CUSA team, they will probably be a contender for the title this year

2) Who was bragging? It's embarassing

3) UT went through the same problem as USF with QB problems, so they are still trying to work out their problems.  Everyone up here thinks they are SEC title contenders, but as a neutral observer they are going to get raped in the Swamp in two weeks without serious improvement, fast

I disagree, Florida didn't show that it has a complete handle on ITS offense yet either.  In some situations a defense like UT's could have caused them serious problems today.  And the UT offense is going to be more damaging than the pokes.

I'm not saying wyoming sucks by ANY means, but UT's got far better athletes and could easily win down there based on what I saw of the two teams today.

Id say that games a coin flip if they'd played today.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

The Big East is about to be 2-3.  Pitt is getting it handed to them.

I told you Dave Wannstedt would run that program straight into the ground. I just didn't think he'd do it so quickly.

And forget C-USA, the real league to be concerned about is the Mountain West. They think they should have the BCS auto-bid instead of the Big East. BE members didn't exactly go to great lengths to prove otherwise this week.