• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is your starting QB gonna be?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

unfortunately our coach doesn't know

leavitt thinks this mind game will help the team

we will be destroyed next week

not knowing who our qb is a problem

we are not  choosing between montana and young

have no fear even if we had a great qb our OC can't call a good play to save his life

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

smazza,

I agree there is no way an inexperinced will have success against are defense.Last year Orton had maybe his worst game of the year against us and we completely kept Charlie Frye in check and those were 2 of the best QB's in the nation.The only way you will have alot of success is if Hall has a big game.Putting a Freshman QB in front of 105k and a top 10 Defense will be like putting a lamb in front of a pack of wolves! PSU 35-10

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Shut up Smazza...... Can anyone change Smazza screen name to Mr. Downer?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Don't you worry about who our quarterback is...just don't you worry.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

No way Carlton Hill takes any snaps at QB against PSU.  If he does, our coaching staff should be committed.

Hill is a true Freshman with little time working with the first team and is the same type QB as Denson.  I see nothing to gain by playing him at QB.

Guest S.  Bien
No way Carlton Hill takes any snaps at QB against PSU.  If he does, our coaching staff should be committed.

Hill is a true Freshman with little time working with the first team and is the same type QB as Denson.  I see nothing to gain by playing him at QB.

Do you remember Brian Fisher?  Remember 2003?  That's Carlton Hill's use at QB in a nutshell, nothing elaborate just simple packages to use his gifted athleticism.

Jake...

Did you even see the Louisville and Cincinnati games in 2003??

Do you remember a little 5' 9" guy wearing #5??

He was a former HS quarterback playing WR at USF.  He was fast and elusive, a good athlete.

He lined up at QB a few times.  Scored touchdowns when we badly needed them.

Hill is more athletic than Denson, probably faster, and a better runner.  Hill could run option plays or QB draws far better than PJ or CD.

Mark my words, Carlton Hill will take MORE THAN ONE snap at QB against Penn State.

And if you would care to put your money on the line, I'd wager $20 on it.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Im pretty sure Hill has a better arm than Fisher though.  Actually, im pretty sure that I have a better arm than Fisher.   ;)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

smazza,

I agree there is no way an inexperinced will have success against are defense.Last year Orton had maybe his worst game of the year against us and we completely kept Charlie Frye in check and those were 2 of the best QB's in the nation.The only way you will have alot of success is if Hall has a big game.Putting a Freshman QB in front of 105k and a top 10 Defense will be like putting a lamb in front of a pack of wolves! PSU 35-10

CD is not a freshman, has played in front of huge SEC crowds  and you have no tape on him.  You had tape on Frye and orton.  Pretty arrogant comments from a fan of a team that went 4-7 last year.