• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My problem with the Deumass show...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You screen your callers... you have an impossible USF coach on the show to interview which is like having Michale Jackson admitting he molested those kids... you have USF listeners (call ins) on hold... and yet you take the first call from a F*CKEN gator. So... was Howie's attack warranted... all's fair in love and war. If Jimmy Johnson or Larry Coker was taking phone calls, do you think they would answer questions about the USF program? Hell no!

Howie... those who love as much as we do, will always offend someone. Keep your calls coming to the Deumass show... he may hate you, but he will respect your persistence. Hell... persistence pays more than you can BULLIEVE!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

620 doesnt "screen" their calls.

"Screening" calls means that they ask you what you wanna talk about, and if it's not what THEY wanna talk about on the air, they tell you to call back another time.

620 does ask you what you wanna talk about, but the only reason they do so is so that the host has a heads up before you get on the air.

There's a difference...

The Gator caller simply got "in line" ahead of Howie.

Guest usf-ru

As much as I can't stand Duemig, Big Shoop is right.  I have seen it happen before with the Lightning, Devil Rays etc.  The would have the coach/GM on and the next call after the interview is about the Bucs.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

"Screening" calls means that they ask you what you wanna talk about, and if it's not what THEY wanna talk about on the air, they tell you to call back another time.

620 does ask you what you wanna talk about, but the only reason they do so is so that the host has a heads up before you get on the air.

There's a difference...

But also, the host has a screen in front of him telling him who's on hold and their subject. They dont always go by who's been on the longest. Deumig had a choice and he chose the Gator call ......   8)

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

There's a difference...

You are 100% correct.  I've been calling/listening to 620 for years.  They don't "screen" their phone calls the way that the other station (1010) did.  Duemig had every right to go right back at Howie for the way that Howie jumped on him.  Howie's heart was in the right place, just needed to ease his foot off of the throttle a bit.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Howie's heart was in the right place, just needed to ease his foot off of the throttle a bit.

I think Howie's doctor has been telling him that same thing every since he tried to slump out of a money game of pool by using the old "I am having a heart attack" trick.