• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any questions on GT?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, longestdays said:

I am not wreckem1990 and don't know him well. I did have harsh twitter words for UCF's Frost last year. He did get a taste of an unplayed game last week.  

There are all types on all boards. StingTalk is known for caustic comedy and over the top "fun". GTSwarm is the most balanced, but they have the whole spectrum there as well. Of course most fans wear gold or green glasses and think we both will win... right?

How are your LB? Fast athletic star LB can cause issue.

I read from your board you have 260? DT? Our Offensive line are ~280 to 290 and little fat. Traditionally we play all 5 all game, but coach says he may roll more this year. Athletic DT can cause issues if they can beat blocks. Clemson has some Lord of the rings tree people as DT and they are hard as hell to block. We leave a DT unblocked in one play last game.... it was not pretty.

How are your DB at covering 1 on 1? I saw some good interceptions by your DB in the game against Elon.

DB is probably our most talented unit IMO, if your QB throws up bad balls we are pretty good at getting them.

The DTs are young but we have some experience on the ends. I always worry about dealing with the cut blocks when it comes to playing the option.

One of our LB is a converted safety so he is pretty solid at playing sideline to sideline, the other is more of traditional LB but both are considered undersized for the position. 

11 minutes ago, longestdays said:

I am not wreckem1990 and don't know him well. I did have harsh twitter words for UCF's Frost last year. He did get a taste of an unplayed game last week.  

There are all types on all boards. StingTalk is known for caustic comedy and over the top "fun". GTSwarm is the most balanced, but they have the whole spectrum there as well. Of course most fans wear gold or green glasses and think we both will win... right?

I found it harmless until his score prediction. That had me felling like Steven A.  

download (11).jpeg

But you can certainly find the same type stuff here sometimes. Oddly enough its more likely to be self-deprecating though. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

There is no data that shows that cut blocking causes more injuries. If that were the case, all our defense would be inured after Spring and Summer practice. Almost every team cut blocks, just our team does it a lot more.

Chop blocks are bad and if they happen it is not-intended. Chop blocks being one high and one low and a cut block is just one low.

It is a way to equalize some of the greater talent we face.

Edited by longestdays

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

LB size is less of an issue. Are they football IQ smart. Do they study film? Are they athletic? Are they studs?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:
Is this guy known for ridiculous statements? 

No hurricane churning in the gulf this year so no chance USf gets off with the same luck as UCF last year. Johnson brings his Woody and we remind USf why they never want to join the power five. They looked pedestrian against Elon for christ sake.

GT rolls 44- 14

Please lmao...its on...

3 minutes ago, longestdays said:

There is no data that shows that cut blocking causes more injuries. If that were the case, all our defense would be inured after Spring and Summer practice. Almost every team cut blocks, just our team does it a lot more.

Chop blocks are bad and if they happen it is not-intended. Chop blocks being one high and one low and a cut block is just one low.

It is a way to equalize some of the greater talent we face.

2 minutes ago, longestdays said:

LB size is less of an issue. Are they football IQ smart. Do they study film? Are they athletic? Are they studs?

Yeah I don't necessarily mean that I worry about injuries but some DTs, especially young ones who aren't versed at playing with their hands, find it incredibly annoying and won't fire off the ball the way they should. 

Well the one was a pretty good safety but the jury in still out on him making reads in the middle. He only has one game under his belt there. The other started all last season so he should be better at it, although I don't think most on here were to impressed by him. Both should be more athletic than your average LB though. The DC, IMO, is pretty good and Coach Strong is no slouch at defense either. We should be mentally prepared, just a matter of execution. 

2 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Please lmao...its on...

Someone create an id and tell that assclown we were up 31-0 in the 3rd and started taking our starters out...please please keep those expectations 

5 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Please lmao...its on...

1 minute ago, bullsonparade said:

Someone create an id and tell that assclown we were up 31-0 in the 3rd and started taking our starters out...please please keep those expectations 

This guy did admit that went to school in "Central Florida" so Im thinking he is a little more biased that the average GT fan. He also downplayed the impact of tropical storms. I don't think he can be taken seriously. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

This guy did admit that went to school in "Central Florida" so Im thinking he is a little more biased that the average GT fan. He also downplayed the impact of tropical storms. I don't think he can be taken seriously. 

Oh, I'll be visiting that dude...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, longestdays said:

Athletic isnt a problem.  We will see how smart they are Im sure they are spending time in the film room. This team still has growing pains with leadership vacuum.

Edited by usfbullrider