• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so carter now a usf bull?

Guest S.  Bien

Well, Steve, there appears to be about 115 other schools that aren't options so I am not sure what your point is.

This guy does not seem to be the type of player O'Leary wants on his team.  He may be talented but the kid doesn't seem to know what he wants.

And I would be concerned if UCF was accepting a ton of transfers anyways.  Especially these kind.  Remember, he bolted for UF to try to be a WALK-ON with an apparent fallback schollie from the Bulls.

Interesting.

Mav, the last I checked UCF has no problem accepting transfers, and JC are transfers so don't try to reclassify things.  As for my reference about UCF, you're to **** defensive clearly I was just typing a few local schools to infer that we're an option, but if you'd like and it makes your fragile little ego feel better than yes 115 schools aren't an option either.  

He didn't bolt to be a walk-on at UF, he bolted there to try and become a WR with what he thought was a great program and great coach that loves to toss the football around and gain a scholarship there.  For whatever reason he decided to depart.  I would rather Leavitt try to decide on his own accord, if this kid is indeed considering returning to USF, whether he's worth taking back rather than everyone villifying him on this board prior to having all the facts.  Pat Carter is a tremendous athlete, he was the first team punt returner at Gtech last year and was a third string QB there.  He ran track at Gtech and has amazing speed for his size.  In fact, one of the UF boards commented on his first two days at practice about having skills that could be valuable.

Who knows why he departed.  Coach Meyers likes Leavitt, and we all know Meyers is a class act, maybe he refused a schollie to this kid for a while because he didn't want it to be construed that he stole him from Leavitt.  Maybe he didn't like where he stood in the depth chart, maybe he wanted to try QB after all....who knows but the point is let's allow Leavitt to make the choice.  I am sure he will make the right choice for he and the team because after all it is HIS team.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreaKnight-2

I do agree with Mav that this could doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Bien, do you know why he left G-Tech in the first place?  I mean if he was really their starting punt-returner (your reference) and had a starting spot as a WR (Carter's quote in the paper) opposite Calvin Johnson (arguably the best WR in the country), and was a 3rd string QB (your reference), why would he want to leave?  The ACC offers everything the SEC does.

Add in the ambiguity with his transfer to USF/UF and his apparent lack of communication skills, and it's tough to figure this kid out.

His athletic ability is not in question, it's everything else.

Guest S.  Bien
I do agree with Mav that this could doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Bien, do you know why he left G-Tech in the first place?  I mean if he was really their starting punt-returner (your reference) and had a starting spot as a WR (Carter's quote in the paper) opposite Calvin Johnson (arguably the best WR in the country), and was a 3rd string QB (your reference), why would he want to leave?  The ACC offers everything the SEC does.

Add in the ambiguity with his transfer to USF/UF and his apparent lack of communication skills, and it's tough to figure this kid out.

His athletic ability is not in question, it's everything else.

His quote was that he was recruited to Gtech to play QB, and when they asked him to switch to WR he felt betrayed.  He came to USF because he wanted to try a little QB on the scout team this fall, but expected he may play WR.  He said that if he switched to WR he was fine with that but he didn't like how Gtech went about it and the fact he went there as a QB and he was battling for second string that he didn't feel comfortable staying at Gtech- as he said it, like he compromised.  He said if he was going to play WR it was going to be somewhere other than Gtech.

**** man, let's see what happens.  Everyone on every board likes to pontificate as if they're walking in this kids shoes.  How he handled it isn't the greatest, and to have any shot to return to USF he must talk to Leavitt.  I am sure Jim will give him the third degree, and if the kid returns then it's because Jim felt it was the right decision not what others on these fan boards think.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Steve, there appears to be about 115 other schools that aren't options so I am not sure what your point is.

This guy does not seem to be the type of player O'Leary wants on his team.  He may be talented but the kid doesn't seem to know what he wants.

And I would be concerned if UCF was accepting a ton of transfers anyways.  Especially these kind.  Remember, he bolted for UF to try to be a WALK-ON with an apparent fallback schollie from the Bulls.

Interesting.

that was NO FALLBACK scolie he wanted to come JL said yes, the kid has D1 talent, we even put the guy on the published roster.

he "changed" his mind.(maybe played JL...but he who laughs LAST laughs best)

i'm sure if he had even hinted to JL he was thinking of UF he would NOT have been offered the full scholie, we certainly would NOT have put him on our publised roster!

BTW good luck to the kid!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

And the saga continues:

Welcome back?

The strange saga of former Lakewood receiver Pat Carter took another twist Monday night when Carter and his father showed up at USF's football practice to meet with coach Jim Leavitt.

To catch you up to date: Carter said in February he was transferring to USF after two seasons at Georgia Tech. All went as planned until the Bulls opened practice Aug. 8 -- and Carter showed up for practice at Florida, two hours north. Leavitt said he'd known for about a month and wished him well.

Then Saturday, Carter was gone in Gainesville, and coach Urban Meyer said his understanding was that Carter was going to try to latch on at USF. On Monday night, he was watching the Bulls, and while Leavitt declined to comment about their half-hour meeting, Carter had certainly been embraced by the Bulls after practice.

While talking on the sidelines with Leavitt, Carter drew a number of handshakes, including Bulls tackle Thed Watson, who played with him on the Lakewood High basketball team that won a state title in 2002. Offensive line coach Greg Frey, an FSU grad, shouted out to Carter jokingly that he should have listened to him the first time. After his meeting with Leavitt, Carter talked outside USF's athletic facility with several Bulls players.

Even if Leavitt offers him a spot back on the Bulls roster, Carter wouldn't say USF was his absolute first choice. He said it might be too late for him to enroll at USF -- where school doesn't start until Aug. 29 -- and said he's waiting to hear back from Auburn (where his brother Tim played) and Notre Dame, along with a few junior colleges.

But his presence at USF Monday night with his father, and Leavitt's willingness to meet with him for some time, suggest both sides could have an interest in Carter's future with the Bulls.

http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf/

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

And the saga continues:

Welcome back?

The strange saga of former Lakewood receiver Pat Carter took another twist Monday night when Carter and his father showed up at USF's football practice to meet with coach Jim Leavitt.

To catch you up to date: Carter said in February he was transferring to USF after two seasons at Georgia Tech. All went as planned until the Bulls opened practice Aug. 8 -- and Carter showed up for practice at Florida, two hours north. Leavitt said he'd known for about a month and wished him well.

Then Saturday, Carter was gone in Gainesville, and coach Urban Meyer said his understanding was that Carter was going to try to latch on at USF. On Monday night, he was watching the Bulls, and while Leavitt declined to comment about their half-hour meeting, Carter had certainly been embraced by the Bulls after practice.

While talking on the sidelines with Leavitt, Carter drew a number of handshakes, including Bulls tackle Thed Watson, who played with him on the Lakewood High basketball team that won a state title in 2002. Offensive line coach Greg Frey, an FSU grad, shouted out to Carter jokingly that he should have listened to him the first time. After his meeting with Leavitt, Carter talked outside USF's athletic facility with several Bulls players.

Even if Leavitt offers him a spot back on the Bulls roster, Carter wouldn't say USF was his absolute first choice. He said it might be too late for him to enroll at USF -- where school doesn't start until Aug. 29 -- and said he's waiting to hear back from Auburn (where his brother Tim played) and Notre Dame, along with a few junior colleges.

But his presence at USF Monday night with his father, and Leavitt's willingness to meet with him for some time, suggest both sides could have an interest in Carter's future with the Bulls.

http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf/

man **** or get off the pot!

this "kid" is starting to PI$$ me off, still i wish him well!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

This kid sounds like TO Jr.

Is Drew Rosenhaus his Dad?

KL

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Give the kid a schollie w/ the premise he hasta make the two deep by the end of the season or it will be yanked.  Our Bulls have already lost 4-5 players.  The schollie is available.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Is he eligible this year or next?   If it is next year let him carry water on sidelines and play scout team ball....   I know a team player named Courtney Denson and that is what he did... In my eyes Denson did his time and now its his time to shine....  Div-II, if he was serious about this he would already be there.... Last week when this was posted about UF I said this kid is a joke if he thought he see a down at UF... Who is advising this kid--Ingram Schaffer?  This kid is a Flip-Flop train wreck, give me someone with 1/2 his talent who wants to be here!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Seems like everyone is telling this kid what to do. He is not following his heart. I had stated before my feelings. I now just want him to tell all of his so called "advisors" to stick it and follow your heart son. I can't stand it when all these people start getting into a kids head going for the best deal! If it includes education and football, I am all for it. But if it's for football exposure, then he's pulling a TO. I just hope he straightens out!   Reaper