• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls LB Nicholas Contemplates NFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

He is really pretty light for an NFL LB. In order to be considered a first day pick he would need to put on another 15-20 pounds.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien
What round will Nicholas go if he leaves early? Not in the top three I would say. He needs to stay for his Sr. year if he does he should be drafted in the first two rounds.

Tough to say, but if he has a great year he could play himself into the first three rounds.  He's an extremely rangy athlete, and probably one of the strongest guys pound for pound on the team.  He's the kind of player that would come into the combine as a late round pick and walk away as a first day selection- ala Mitchell.

His flexibility, speed, quickness, strength....he really is going to make a fantastic NFL LB.   If he has a great year this year, and I mean a real big time year like Mitchell, and Mojo had in their junior and senior years, then he has the range to go early and get selected in the first three rounds.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

He is really pretty light for an NFL LB. In order to be considered a first day pick he would need to put on another 15-20 pounds.

That is why he needs to stay for his sr. year so he can gain that extra 15-20 pounds, or he would hire Barry Bonds’ Trainer. I here he has some magic cream that can make you gain some weight ;)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

perhaps he isn't THAT good of a player? he played college ball at HCC...  if he was big east caliber, i think mac would take him.    Maybe he is good, maybe he isn't.  Just because he plays hoops doesn't make him worthy to be on the team.

There is a glut of 6'3"-6'5" shooting guards & forwards on the team already.  He's not needed.  Now if he was a gifted point guard that would be a diff. story but I'm sure Mac knows best for our BasketBulls.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I like Nicholas' response to Jones.  He should be concentrating on stopping Penn State in Happy Valley.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I like his response too. It just shows that he is a real leader on that D. If everyone has that same mind set then we should be ok this year. Just Win....... one week at a time

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Tough to say, but if he has a great year he could play himself into the first three rounds.  He's an extremely rangy athlete, and probably one of the strongest guys pound for pound on the team.  He's the kind of player that would come into the combine as a late round pick and walk away as a first day selection- ala Mitchell.

His flexibility, speed, quickness, strength....he really is going to make a fantastic NFL LB.   If he has a great year this year, and I mean a real big time year like Mitchell, and Mojo had in their junior and senior years, then he has the range to go early and get selected in the first three rounds.

It'll take an AllAm honorable mention this season and possible a final round Butkus award nomination to make the first three rounds of the NFL draft in April '06.  Stephen should play it smart.  Finish the degree before Fall '06 then take independent studies in his last fall at USF.  This will give him plenty of time to train, gain weight, and study film over the next 18 mos.  He'll be a lock for Day One in April '07.

Guest S.  Bien

It'll take an AllAm honorable mention this season and possible a final round Butkus award nomination to make the first three rounds of the NFL draft in April '06.  Stephen should play it smart.  Finish the degree before Fall '06 then take independent studies in his last fall at USF.  This will give him plenty of time to train, gain weight, and study film over the next 18 mos.  He'll be a lock for Day One in April '07.

That's frickin crazy.  Rod Davis at USM got those honors and he wasn't even drafted!!!!  Kawika Mitchell didn't get either and he was drafted in the second round!!!!  Awards don't mean crap, I want Nicholas around for another year but many already believe he's a lock for DAY ONE in 06'!!!  His draft position was already checked last year because technically he could have gone in 05', that's right he had been at USF for three years.  

Nicholas worked on doing everything he needed this off-season.  He's reportedly over the 225lbs playing weight, and worked on his speed, conditioning, and agility almost non-stop this off-season WITH Andre Hall.  

Personally, I think both are locks to be first day picks, persuming they both have good years in 05', in the next draft.

Don't worry there's lots of great players waiting in the wings.  Brouce Mompremier is a stud waiting for his turn, and McCollough, Robinson....we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Even I am scratching my head at people calling Mac out for not playing Amarri.  He played JC ball!  That is a different universe than the BE.  I'm glad we finally have enough athletes to NOT have to recruit from the fball team.

First day selection???  No chance S.Bien.  Maybe after his senior year, but not this year.

Ask Shurron Pierson about how coming out early worked out....