• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC All American PG Rickky Torres

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

visited USF this past weekend and is making a decision on which college he will call home. Everyone in the AAC is seemingly after him. Yes he is yet another homegrown talent. It is believed that this will be the 4th local guy USF has offered this class alone. The Fredericks decision not to come here was a major stinger. Let's  hope this JC AA local kid decides to play for USF and not against USF. 

Commitment coming on Wednesday!🍿🍿🍿 https://t.co/JipiEOR5nC

Edited by Vega

Torres just completed his sophomore season and was named a junior college All-American after averaging 17.2 points and 8.1 assists per game, second-most in the nation on the assists.

"He has so much potential. He already is a great player, but he's got a chance to be a special, special player by the time he's done."

Wichita State has made the final cut for Torres, who took his official visit to WSU earlier this week. Torres told the Eagle he is also considering conference rivals SMU and South Florida, Auburn, and Virginia Tech. Torres, who also visited SMU, will decide "soon" after completing his final visit to South Florida this weekend.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I think the Rickky spelling is for Twitter. This lists Florida Gulf Coast but not USF.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2018/04/20/auburn-offers-junior-college-all-american-pg-ricky-torres/537283002/

Edited by ToroDeFuego

3 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

If USF lands this kid we could have the best back court in the American with he and Collins plus Quincy Rideau, X-man, and Brown. Gotta hope this happens 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Vega said:

If USF lands this kid we could have the best back court in the American with he and Collins plus Quincy Rideau, X-man, and Brown. Gotta hope this happens 

Is landing him a real possibility?

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Is landing him a real possibility?

I don't want say anything. I and others, who really follow recruiting better then me thought that USF was going to land local product and JC All American SF Rashawn Fredericks too until something strange went wrong in the 11th hour.  I will take a wait and see with these local prospects when it comes to USF men's basketball. Not getting Fredericks was a blow to ribs for HC Gregory, staff and others.

Torres is legit and a beast of a true PG. Day 1 starter based on what you know and instantly becomes 1 of the top PGs in the league 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I would think that Auburn would look good to him. Big name school, big name coach and a team coming off an SEC championship with four guys potentially going pro. Hopefully he wants to come back to Florida.

14 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I would think that Auburn would look good to him. Big name school, big name coach and a team coming off an SEC championship with four guys potentially going pro. Hopefully he wants to come back to Florida.

Never took a visit to Auburn. Took OV to SMU, WSU, and visited USF last weekend.