• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Division I Council Adopts Baseball Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

The NCAA Division I Council on Wednesday announced it has adopted some sweeping legislative proposals, ranging from changes to the recruiting calendar to finally allowing teams the ability to play fall exhibition games without them counting against the 56-game spring schedule.

At least for coaches, the biggest story stemming from the vote involves the recruiting calendar. Currently, prospective recruits can take unofficial visits anytime they want. Are you a 12-year-old who wants to take an unofficial visit to Texas? No problem. Furthermore, currently, a high school prospect can’t take an official visit to a school until the beginning of classes their senior year.

Those two rules are changing, effective the next academic year. How so, you ask? With the adopted legislation, prospects may now take official visits as early as September 1 of their junior season. Several coaches and baseball administrators I’ve spoken with over the past few months preferred the date stay during a prospect’s senior season.

Full article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Only 2 games though in the Fall?  I don't see this as a big deal.  How much can 2 games help?  Already have this with scrimmages in the Fall

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

its like anything else in college sports, its a start. For whatever reason someone somewhere at some point in time decided fall ball wasnt a good idea. That had become prevalent and now there's a push to change, it'll start with two, at some point move to four and then end up at 8 just like softball.