• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Mag - Before & Then - Courtney Denson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Courtney made the college football page for transfers.  He's the last player mentioned.  Art. mentions he pushed into a DB slot after not winning the QB spot at Auburn.  The "NOW" portion mentions PJ probably winning the QB slot but he was inconsistent last season.

I wonder what makes a player hold on to the QB position so long that they risk a shot at the next level.  If CD isn't ultra close at stealing the QB spot, I'd recommend moving to DB immediately.  It seems to me Hill at WR & Denson at CB with PJ starting and Gregory/Grothe backing up sounds like a deeper Bulls team.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Any plan where PJ is the starting QB is flawed.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

Doesnt Gregory have to sit out this year?

yes he does

Guest S.  Bien
Courtney made the college football page for transfers.  He's the last player mentioned.  Art. mentions he pushed into a DB slot after not winning the QB spot at Auburn.  The "NOW" portion mentions PJ probably winning the QB slot but he was inconsistent last season.

I wonder what makes a player hold on to the QB position so long that they risk a shot at the next level.  If CD isn't ultra close at stealing the QB spot, I'd recommend moving to DB immediately.  It seems to me Hill at WR & Denson at CB with PJ starting and Gregory/Grothe backing up sounds like a deeper Bulls team.

Hill and Denson at other positions do make us a better team.  However the question still remains if PJ at QB makes us a better team with those guys at other positions.   Nothing would please me more than to see PJ step out of his shell (and don't respond to my post with another you saw the spring game and...), and we allow us to move both Hill and Denson but until that happens I think both have to stay at QB, and will probably see some time there if not start eventually.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I didn't see the Spring Game, but I did read the stats sheet  :-/. S Bien, we've always done the Spring Game in the same format, and I remember Marquel having some very decent game against some NFL like defenses... a personal memory is a 21-yard completion on an overthrown ball to The Sheriff (GOSH... I'm sure if I played now I would have taken it to the house. We would have been state champions, no doubt, if Coach had put me in.  ;D)

Anyways... I feel the Spring Game performance has been indicative of our future (yikes!)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pj at qb makes usf suck

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

BUllDoug, how can you suggest starting PJ at QB as our best possible scenario?? Where have you been the past 2 years?...not watching the same games as the rest of us.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

PJ knows the offense best and is best in 7 on 7 drills.  I can see him starting against PSU but not much longer after that.  Hill will be given full reign by the end of this season.