• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Bulls Club Hire: Jeff Bromley

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

From another thread

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

A new guy has joined the Bulls Club staff and saw him at halftime briefly.  He seemed impressed with the atmosphere.. 

Perhaps this gent, BB?

Please join us in welcoming Jeff Bromley, Assistant Director of Athletics for Major Gifts, to the Bulls Family!

Jeff comes to USF from Eckerd College where he was the Director of Development for Athletics since 2015. Jeff was formerly a student-athlete at Eckerd, where he played baseball. Jeff went on to earn his MBA from Florida Gulf Coast University. His name may also sound familiar as his father, Max, is a professor in Criminology at USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Brad said:

From another thread

Perhaps this gent, BB?

Please join us in welcoming Jeff Bromley, Assistant Director of Athletics for Major Gifts, to the Bulls Family!

Jeff comes to USF from Eckerd College where he was the Director of Development for Athletics since 2015. Jeff was formerly a student-athlete at Eckerd, where he played baseball. Jeff went on to earn his MBA from Florida Gulf Coast University. His name may also sound familiar as his father, Max, is a professor in Criminology at USF.

That's the guy. Met him before the game and saw him briefly at halftime. I figured I would give him a week or two before I made his life miserable.  But seriously, I didn't even get a chance to ask him if he was a bourbon drinker. We'll introduce ourselves after he's had some time to get adjusted.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Eckard to USF? Does he have the experience for a larger university?

I wish him great success though.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I was an Eckerd "student" back in the early 70s as a basketball all-star when it was still called Fla Presbyterian. Kind of a summer camp thing. Have always had a soft spot for them since.

Anyway, Welcome Jeff!

Edited by charsibb

12 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The Bulls Club pales in relation to the size of the University.

If I had to guess, the Bulls Club has 4 or 5 less people than going back 4 years. They are leaving faster than we are hiring. This hire was help to start to backfill and then Michael Levy left to go back to TCU.  Hard to fund raise when you don't have the people on staff to go out and beat the bushes.

14 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Sorry my comment was’t clear.  What I meant was that the number of  Bulls Club donors (aside from just seat deposits) pales in comparison to the size of the university.   Understaffed certainly, but if I’m not mistaken it has worsened under the current administration.  On the other hand, there doesn’t appear to be a lot of bushes that respond to beating.

Other than John Lewis the longest tenured employee probably has about 2 years with USF.  Todd has also been there a while but he's more a behind the scenes guy. And you are correct, it does seem to be worse under the current administration. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On 2/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, Skingraft said:

Eckard to USF? Does he have the experience for a larger university?

I wish him great success though.

My thoughts exactly.

Talked with Jeff a bit more yesterday. He says he wants to be here a long time being from the area. Anyone who stays here more than 2 years will build some relationships and help the fundraising.  the relationships we've had with past staff is what got us to our current donor level; people like Eric, Joe, Mark M, Ryan, Shelley and Marcy.  The constant turnover kills fundraising IMO.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Agreed.  I'm not a huge donor, but I've given more in the past, enjoying some of those relationships.  I plan to give more in the future, but hoping for a better connection, rather than just opening the wallet out of a sense of duty.  I hope the BC moves forward and Jeff finds success with USF.  

The way its been explained to me is that there are two major trains of thought in fundraising; transactional and relationship.  Current administration is of the former mentality - land a few whales and don't worry too much about the little fish.  Iron Bulls are now divided into 3 categories 10K, 25K and either 50 or 100K.  10K are pretty much considered little fish now.