• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jenkins Looking at Other Schools

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

This may belong on the Prospects Board...

Moderators: Feel Free to Move it.

From the Tampa Tribune:

USF Football Commitment Considering Other Schools

Published: Aug 3, 2005

TAMPA - Orlando Edgewater senior defensive tackle Justin Jenkins, who committed to the University of South Florida two weeks ago, is now undecided.

Jenkins (6-foot-2, 285) said he's considering USF, Florida, Georgia, Virginia Tech and Tennessee.

Jenkins said he won't make his decision until after his senior season, probably in January. As a junior, Jenkins had 43 tackles, including 13 for losses and six sacks.

LINK:

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBXNID6XBE.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

If he is changing his mind after he Verbally committed to us, we don't want him!!! I personally don't want a player who is not totally committed to our program, only to be swayed by the other schools. It is total Bull Shiat. Stay in Orlando, jenkins. We don't want you now!!!   The Reaper

PS. He's too small for us now.  WE ARE THE BIG EAST!!!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

What else is new players committing to a school and then changing his mind. I personally don’t believe what school they will go to until they sign a letter.

If he is changing his mind after he Verbally committed to us, we don't want him!!! I personally don't want a player who is not totally committed to our program, only to be swayed by the other schools. It is total Bull Shiat. Stay in Orlando, jenkins. We don't want you now!!!   The Reaper

I don't why you are so pissed. Last year Hill verbally committed to USF then to UM and in the end we got him. If you don't want this guy then are you saying you don't want Hill either? Just wait and see what will happen and remember these players are 17 and 18 year old kids that change their minds sio just wait and see.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Freak, I am just tired of being second choice. We are stepping up to the big time. Either it's in your heart to play for us or it's not. I much would rather be 1st choice than to be the one to settle on because the others blow smoke and don't live up to it. We are in the big time now. We need to act like it. I want kids that see our program, and come hell or high water, want to be a BULL. Just tired of being second choice. Reaper

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Good players decommit from UF, Ohio State, Miami, etc.

Some of them re-commit.

This is a kid who isn't even done with high school yet.  He doesnt even know where he can go academically.  I'd say either give this guy a break, or yell at all the undecided recruits who initially commit to major programs, but then change their minds after visits to others.  It happens.

Guest S.  Bien

chill.  If Jenkins honors his commitment we will all be pleased however this is a doggone great year in FL for DT's.  Better then the past five- there's at least 8-9 in this state that can play at the elite level.  If it isn't Jenkins it will be someone else.

However, at least the kid was straight forward and actually this early pull-back was rather classy by him.  Better then staying committed and taking visits then dropping us at the last minute with no good-bye kiss.

Freak, I am just tired of being second choice. We are stepping up to the big time. Either it's in your heart to play for us or it's not. I much would rather be 1st choice than to be the one to settle on because the others blow smoke and don't live up to it. We are in the big time now. We need to act like it. I want kids that see our program, and come hell or high water, want to be a BULL. Just tired of being second choice. Reaper

I hear ya but every school has these problems even the big time schools

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I don't blame the kid at all. He's looking at schools in the SEC and ACC along with us still. Every recruit can't be a Matt Grothe although we'd love them to be ....

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

You either want to be a part of a 'tradition' or be the part of making one.  Be thrilled to be a part of a 'name' or make a name for yourself.

I prefer the players who are anxious to give us that 'name' and be the pioneers who put USF on the map as a national football power.

I wish Mr. Jenkins well, whatever path he takes, and fully understand the glitter of the 'name' programs.  But we all know the names of players who have discovered that all that glitters isn't necessarily gold.