• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PSUers think they're gonna win by 30

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

ok dabull.....too many others talk about pitt the way they talk about the 85 bears here....or

i think if we win it wont kill psu.....they only won 4 games last yr and we are a BE team not an indy like 2001

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Agree with Chitown.  I'm sick of hanging our hats on Pitt.  We're a BCS school now and need a more recent quality win against a better team.  Penn State is a good start however our record against tough defensive teams on the road is NOT good at all.  like I said we better not lose by 30 and if PJ is QB, he BETTER freaking show us something or I'm gonna flip.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Fuggum!!! Plain and simple. All I can say, is I hope this is fuel to our fire and an instant motivator. By the way, did I say Fuggum?    Reaper

Guest USFPDIDDYGuest

I've long hung my hat on being a realist while still being a very devoted USF fan.  That said, give me a break.

PSU -30?  What kind of numb nuts would pick to win by a score they were lucky to post against anyone last year?

Even if PSU's offense has improved, so has our defense.  Everyone thinks its their year, but PSU's fans got their noses up somewhere a little too high if they think USF is completely overmatched in terms of athletic ability.

USF is going to be better than many of you think, our only "easy" wins are UCF, FAMU, and UC.

That said, WVU, PSU, RU, and UCONN are all very winnable.  Look to see us taking 2 of those at least.

We have enough talent to challenge UL and Pitt, but those are less likely.

Finally, while anything is possible, upsetting Miami @Miami will be a tough sell to our younger guys...there's a big fear factor to the Miami name and like it or not, they're talented as well.  Some guys on our team will play like any other game...but others will played TOO pumped up, or scared, and make errors.  This has been a problem for many teams against the 'Canes, the mystique clouds play.  They're a faster team, but not by nearly as much as commentators would lead you to believe.  When our coverage gets burned, look for why.  I will bet you, even now, that it's a mistake more often than not, not somebody getting completely out-run.

But even UM wont be THIRTY point favorites.  We have a nasty running back, a decent line, and a much improved defense.  If our QB completion goes up even 5%, teams will have to start believing that we could very well beat them...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

The early betting line is PSU by 26, might be good to jump on it right now

26?  Gotta believe we keep it closer than that.  Sounds like a good bet.

Guest PSU Nut

PSU -30?  What kind of numb nuts would pick to win by a score they were lucky to post against anyone last year?

What kind of numb nuts are you?  PSU scored 30 or more points 3 times last year.  USF gave up an average of 32 points per game last year against a very weak schedule. (34.4 against D-1a teams).  It is just as unlikely based on last years performances for USF to not give up at least 30 points to Penn State.

Personally I do not think this game will be a blow out, But i don't think it will be close.   A 10-14 point win with the outcome never really in doubt.

What kind of numb nuts are you?  PSU scored 30 or more points 3 times last year.  USF gave up an average of 32 points per game last year against a very weak schedule. (34.4 against D-1a teams).  It is just as unlikely based on last years performances for USF to not give up at least 30 points to Penn State.

Personally I do not think this game will be a blow out, But i don't think it will be close.   A 10-14 point win with the outcome never really in doubt.

PSU's putrid offense will score 20 on our porous defense.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

There defense will focus on stopping the run, leaving the offense to rely on Julmiste making completions.  I'm not sure he will have his coming out in front over 100,000 people at Happy Valley.  According to cfn.com their db's are the strength of their defense.  Luckily though they have some qb problems of their own, which could make this game interesting for the first half at least.  After that USF might be a bit worn down.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

But what is past is just that...PAST! New things are on the horizon for USF. I just don't want to hear the cryin and shakin when USF surprises you and Joe Pa both. It should be a good game. remember don't count the chickens...         The Reaper