• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Orientation

slayer9

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know if this is the right place to post about orientation, but I would like to just share my thoughts about the orientation that I went on last Wednesday.

The campus is really nice, to be honest. USF doesn't throw tons of money at facilities like other schools and I am actually really happy about that. The only negative things I can say about the facilities that I saw was that the Muma College of Business looked a little outdated and the greek village is really stupid. Before going to the greek village I was expecting regular fraternity housing with the pillars etc. The greek scene at USF looks like it has been forgotten to be honest. The greek housing is upscale section 8 buildings with a police station right across the street. I really hope that the fraternities are smart enough to buy houses off campus. Also, whenever I asked faculty or other students they all said something like "don't join a fraternity because you'll be too busy." Other than that, everything else on campus is pretty nice and isn't under construction like UCF. 

I know this will be very controversial on this sub, but I don't think we should blow a huge chunk of money on a football stadium, the campus is just fine without it.

The culture on campus was very weird too. Students attending the orientation just weren't enthusiastic to be there. I don't know if they were shy or whatever, but they just never talked. I'd start yelling "go bulls" during parts of the orientation to try and get it lit, but they'd just be tappin away on there phones. Also, I don't want to sound racist, but the majority of the students at the orientation were minorities. There was only like 25 white people and the rest were minorities. Again, I don't know if it was just because it was a community college orientation visit or USF is extremely diverse.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 hours ago, slayer9 said:

Also, I don't want to sound racist, but the majority of the students at the orientation were minorities. There was only like 25 white people and the rest were minorities. Again, I don't know if it was just because it was a community college orientation visit or USF is extremely diverse.

You might not want to, but...

tenor.gif?itemid=3988023

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/18/2017 at 2:56 PM, slayer9 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to post about orientation, but I would like to just share my thoughts about the orientation that I went on last Wednesday.

The campus is really nice, to be honest. USF doesn't throw tons of money at facilities like other schools and I am actually really happy about that. The only negative things I can say about the facilities that I saw was that the Muma College of Business looked a little outdated and the greek village is really stupid. Before going to the greek village I was expecting regular fraternity housing with the pillars etc. The greek scene at USF looks like it has been forgotten to be honest. The greek housing is upscale section 8 buildings with a police station right across the street. I really hope that the fraternities are smart enough to buy houses off campus. Also, whenever I asked faculty or other students they all said something like "don't join a fraternity because you'll be too busy." Other than that, everything else on campus is pretty nice and isn't under construction like UCF. 

I know this will be very controversial on this sub, but I don't think we should blow a huge chunk of money on a football stadium, the campus is just fine without it.

The culture on campus was very weird too. Students attending the orientation just weren't enthusiastic to be there. I don't know if they were shy or whatever, but they just never talked. I'd start yelling "go bulls" during parts of the orientation to try and get it lit, but they'd just be tappin away on there phones. Also, I don't want to sound racist, but the majority of the students at the orientation were minorities. There was only like 25 white people and the rest were minorities. Again, I don't know if it was just because it was a community college orientation visit or USF is extremely diverse.

School spirit changes one student at a time. Just keep yelling "Go Bulls" until people start joining you. They'll be embarrassed at first, but will thank you later.