• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fellow Cleveland Browns fan called USF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

...a patty cake school.

Grew up in Ohio, and root for the Browns. But, have to defend the alma mater.

Used South Florida as an example of Penn State's patty cake schedule.

http://mb8.scout.com/fbrownsinsiderfrm15.showMessage?topicID=44176.topic

Guest bullman33

Let them think that.  Pitt thought the same thing back in 01.  Their fans were stunned and in a state of shock walking out of that stadium.  What a great day that was!  MB had the game of his life.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Well, it ain't 01 anymore and we ARE a patty cake school until we prove we can hang.  Was last year was an abberation?   Based on last year why would anybody think we are anything but a bad football team?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Beastie I fully agree. Who wouldn't call us a patty cake school after the schallacking Army put on us last season. Our reputation has taken a huge hit the past 2 seasons.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Beastie I fully agree. Who wouldn't call us a patty cake school after the schallacking Army put on us last season. Our reputation has taken a huge hit the past 2 seasons.

How soon we forget.  USF beat Louisville & USM in 2003 and was 7-4.  Last season is the only black eye this program has experienced.  The biggest problem is two of those ugly losses were on national TV vs. Pitt & Memphis at 12am in the morn.  The reason USF can be called a patty cake is b/c the Bulls have never beaten a BCS school ie SEC, ACC, Big 10 or Big 12.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

What do you expect from Fans who dress up as dogs and eats dog biscuits. Have another beer or should I say let me get your dog bowls Browns fans

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Respect isn't given... it's earned.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

You can assume last year was an aberration, but the bottom line is - for everyone else - that is the guage.

Whenever someone sees Army on their schedule, they look back at (you decide how far) and pencil in the the "W".  I did that last year, and you see how it turned out!

Until we beat - with alarming regularity - other BCS schools, including the conferences BullDoug mentioned - USF has earned no respect.  

It's just gonna take more time, sportsfans. It won't happen over night. We've not even made it to the ten year mark. 8)

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

My boys have their priorities straight. ;D

I keed.  I keed.  USF is the little kid going to Middle School for the first time.  They made some noise with the other younger kids, but are viewed as a small fry to the big kids.  Also, they haven't hit that growth spurt yet.

Respect is earned, not given.  Since the Bulls have yet to go to a bowl game, outside of some marquee wins, there isn't much to hang your hat on.  That's what these guys are thinking.  They are in a very winning tradition rich area(Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana).