• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For travelers, favorite and least favorite venue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

What is everyones favorite and least favorite road venue for our bulls away games.  Don't let the results of the game sway your decision.

My favorite is probably OU.  What a superb college game day atmosphere.  The whole town was ready for game day and the tailgating was expansive.   I remember walking from the Bulls pregame party towards to stadium and being offered a beer from three different tailgaters.  Very friendly people!  The game was fun with the chuckwagons etc.  

2nd favorite I would say was SDSU.  It was the first time we played against a big school with a good size crowd.  Great city, great team hotel (Waterfron Marriott) and great weather.  

Least favorite - Bama - Dumpy stadium, run down area, weather turned very hot and the stadium actually ran out of water and soda!!  Horrible experience.

2nd least favorite - Baylor - just because they are aholes for not returning our game.   Waco, what a town!

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Unforunately I have not been to too many away games.  But I have been to games at other stadiums.

For Bulls away games, I enjoyed the second game in our existence...The Citadel.  I love Charleston and seeing the Citadel cadets parade into the stadium was fun.  My least favorite was at Troy.  There just ain't much there.

Overall... I like Husky Stadium in Seattle.  Great place to see a game and great venue.  Nice tradition, especially when the Dawgs were winning.  The Big House in Ann Arbor is another great venue.  Hard to believe you and over a 100,000 other people are packed into one place.  Autzen Stadium in Eugene was a great place to watch a game too.  I also visited Faurot Field in Columbia, MO (Leavitt's old stomping grounds) for a game.  Not too shabby either.

Normal

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378

Iwas at the citadel too.  Good game, nice town, cool traditions.  Old stadum though, bathrooms really needed to be renovated.  In the mens room, you just peed on a wall that had water trickling down it.  Never seen anything like it.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Worst... Army. Horrible town... the school resembles a graveyard in the middle of no where. It's New York though... what else would you expect. Very bleak... why would anyone choose Army over Navy when it comes to the service academies. Annapolis is a beautiful city... hands down Naval Academy would be better.

TCU... there tailgating sucks, although they do go out at halftime to drink and then come back in.

Best... South Carolina... Hot coeds everywhere... lots of alcohol... unfortunately we got our asses beat that day.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Unlike the Sheriff...I thought Army was pretty darn cool.  Great tradition right on the Hudson.  Also really enjoyed Oklahoma and South Carolina.  Least faves...gotta reach back...I went to the Cumberland game.  Wow.  Small time has come and gone so quickly.  Also hated Middle Tennessee State...twilight zone.  Best (most even) road game I saw was either at North Texas or Ga. Southern.  I can't wait to go to Penn State this year...also going to Miami...flexible on UConn and Syracuse...we'll see.  

Being on the road with the Bulls is an absolute blast...if I was retired, I don't think I would miss too many.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

i second hattiesberg for football, well just in general really.

for the best, i have to venture out of football and say UCONN for basketball. It's crazy in that place at game time.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Hattiesburg and UAB were not exactly the nicest places to play

My favorite would have to be Army, its pretty cool when you pull up to the place and they have Machines Guns in hand.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Iwas at the citadel too.  Good game, nice town, cool traditions.  Old stadum though, bathrooms really needed to be renovated.  In the mens room, you just peed on a wall that had water trickling down it.  Never seen anything like it.

I've seen that a couple times, used to be a popular system long time ago, most have been replaced by something more modern.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Now, I enjoyed tailgating in Hattiesburg, except that they had so many lots closed out for season ticket holders that don't show up for the game.  After refusing to let us park in them, it really sucked having to walk through empty lots to get to the game.