• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rating the state's RB's

Guest Vanilla Rice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry to go against my own team CyberBull, but Washington from FSU is probably the best back in the state.  Again, most of you think too much inside the box (meaning the USF box).  Start thinking more objectively and when you do so then you become more of a knowledgable football expert.  

re-read my post.

Based on production, Hall had the best year last year. I didn't say he was the best pro prospect or pure RB. That is what I asked the question.....about who is the best jr or sr pro prospect.

Let's also not minimize Hall accomplishments. If you look at his games against UL, Pitt and Southern Miss, teams that have good athletes and a sound defensive scheme Hall still averaged over 4 yd a carry. Not bad.  Another thing people forget is that for some of our games like UL, UC, Memphis, Pitt ......USF was getting pounded and had to abandon the running game.

I'm not saying that Hall is future All Pro, but he is a heck of college running back, which for USF fans that is all that should matter.

How does Ponton look in practice?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, someone actually thinks Hall is as good as Dickerson and Payton.  Let's not get too carried away here.   

Not what I wrote VR.  I said he hit the hole as well as any back I've seen EXCEPT for those guys in college.  Hall breaks out of the crowd surprisingly very well.  It caught me off guard several times the speed which he clears the LBs.  That's the point I was trying to make.  I'd appreciate if you'd try & comprehend before you mince words. Think before you post.  It usually produces quality over quantity.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

Not what I wrote VR.  I said he hit the hole as well as any back I've seen EXCEPT for those guys in college.  Hall breaks out of the crowd surprisingly very well.  It caught me off guard several times the speed which he clears the LBs.  That's the point I was trying to make.  I'd appreciate if you'd try & comprehend before you mince words. Think before you post.  It usually produces quality over quantity.

I think you're right.  The only problem is the LB's at Miami, Louisville, and Pitt are much faster than those of the teams you played last year.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I think you're right.  The only problem is the LB's at Miami, Louisville, and Pitt are much faster than those of the teams you played last year.

Errr, hey genius we played UL, and Pitt last year.  In fact, Hall ran over H.B. Blades on one play.  

I think the fastest LB I saw our team play all year was that dude from Memphis- Carl Baker or something.  That cat could fly, then again I am glad we don't face Nicholas.

Errr, hey genius we played UL, and Pitt last year.  In fact, Hall ran over H.B. Blades on one play.  

I think the fastest LB I saw our team play all year was that dude from Memphis- Carl Baker or something.  That cat could fly, then again I am glad we don't face Nicholas.

How stupid of me? I forgot how he ran all over those teams last year "on one play."  He didn't break 100 yds in either game.

Uh, no what's stupid of you is to suggest that Pitt, and UL LB'ers are so much faster than what Hall's previously face and thus insinuating that he might not fare as well against them.

CONSIDERING, we were down by large margins very early in both games Andre Hall did not get to carry the ball as much in the second half.  He had only 17 carries against UL, and 15 against Pitt.  YET, he still averaged over 4.7 ypc against UL, and 5.7 ypc against Pitt.  

SO, he was obviously still a very capable runner against Pitt, and UL, and had he been given the 20 carries he averaged he would have easily eclipsed the 100 yard mark against both opponents.

Even against a stout USC team he only got 47 yards, but that was on 8 carries; that's still 5.9 ypc.  He can handle the speed, it whether we can block their guys to allow Hall to get an opportunity to get going.  

Going by the logic you  can also say that these teams did not have their run defense in the game, which enabled Hall to produce the yards he did.

Going by the logic you  can also say that these teams did not have their run defense in the game, which enabled Hall to produce the yards he did.

Uh no, by my logic Hall got most of his yards early in the game when they had their balanced starters in the game.  By the second half we had abandoned our game plan, and Hall's running and they abandon a few of their starters.

I know you "Hate" us, but Hall's a **** good back which even UCF fans must admit.  There's no need to come here and try to discredit or insinuate falsehoods.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well well well.  Some folks seem to be down playing Andre Hall.  Hear me now and believe me later - Andre will be a first day draft pick in the NFL, he had great numbers last year and will have great numbers this year, he is faster and stronger then last year, he has one of the best attitudes you can find, he is a team leader, he has already proven he can rack up the yards without a great offensive line and marginal at best QB play.  Compare all you want but Andre Hall is the quality type player that every team wants because he brings so much more to a team then gaudy rushing numbers which he brings those too.  I can not speak to those other RBs at other state schools but I really doubt that they bring as much as Andre so writer ratings would rarely account for all the intangibles the various RBs bring to the table and Andre sits at the head of the table.

I know you "Hate" us, but Hall's a **** good back which even UCF fans must admit.  There's no need to come here and try to discredit or insinuate falsehoods.

LOL, I admit he is very good, but he is not a Heisman candidate as some seem to think on here.