• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong on ESPNU Radio today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

I happened to tune in to ESPNU Radio on XM around 5:30 today (Jeff Rickard show I think) and heard the familiar voice of Charlie Strong. It was a great, informal interview without too much coach-speak. The hosts gave USF a ton of props, including telling Coach that they've been hearing on the street that Florida's best three college football teams do not include the Gators or Seminoles. Strong basically responded by pointing out how UM, USF, and UCF are all undefeated. He graciously said UF and FSU have solid teams. They then asked him if he saw UF's uniforms for this weekend. He had not but they kept him on the phone while one of the football managers looked it up for him. He sounded amused when he saw the pictures, and said maybe they will look better on the players. The hosts jokingly suggested he try using Bull skin jerseys (look up the Gators' unis and you'll get it). Coach just laughed and said we'd just be wearing our colors. Overall it was a cool segment. Coach Strong did a great job and represented the University and our Bulls with his normal class and humility. 🏈🐂🤘

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

He is on every Tuesday with Mark Packer,  same channel. I listen every week on my commute. It's never anything ground-breaking but it is nice when they talk about USF

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

So he didn't address the Ole Miss and Tennessee rumors at all? 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, tau.reanb said:

So he didn't address the Ole Miss and Tennessee rumors at all?

Not that I heard. If they asked him that question early on before I tuned in, my guess is that he would have said he's focused 100% on the USF Bulls.