• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

is a recruiting stud i hear

putting other coaches in the state to shame with his hard driving aggressive approach and his use of technology

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Zook was a recruiting stud, too .....

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

Bowden recruited the #1 wide receiver and the #1 all purpose back in the nation from the class of 2005.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Bowden recruited the #1 wide receiver and the #1 all purpose back in the nation from the class of 2005.

At this point, I wonder if he even has to recruit these guys anymore.  Bowden probably has a secretary call them and say "you should receive a package today, sign on the bottom of page three and have a nice day."  It will be a beautiful day when USF gets to their level.

8)

Guest toolio

So far, so good for Urban. He quickly closed a quality class in Feburary. And so far for 2006, he has 7 commits. I wouldn't be surprised if our class was half finished by the time we kickoff with Wyoming.

Florida has a big visiting weekend coming up July 22nd... we'll probably get a commit or two out of that.

Bowden always has great classes, but he takes in way too many nonqualifiers. FSU always finds a way to make a couple miraculously qualify, but they still end up losing 4 to 5 commits per year.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

putting other coaches in the state to shame with his hard driving aggressive approach and his use of technology

Actually, Urban has really proven that he can win, and win QUICKLY with talent that other Coaches have recruited.

I think one of his best qualities is to take that talent of a team he has just taken over (Bowling Green, Utah, UF, etc...) and customize his game plan to fit the talent that he was given.

Now that he has reached the pinnacle/top level of Coaching...his style might changed slightly (considering he was only HC at Utah & Bowling Green 2 years each).

Don't think its proven that he is a great recruiter or not, but his best talent has been to use what he was given, and turn that around and win right away.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Zook is kicking ass recruiting at Illinois.  The man can't coach, but boy can he recruit.

Guest toolio
Zook is kicking ass recruiting at Illinois.  The man can't coach, but boy can he recruit.

It's amazing how well that guy recruits. Kids just love him. I hope he learned some things while at Florida and it leads him to be a better coach. The Big 10 is certainly more conducive to his conservative style of play.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just curious, what technology does he use to help him in recruiting?

Guest toolio

Just curious, what technology does he use to help him in recruiting?

I'm sure smazza is joking about the fact that many recruits have been phone text messaging back and forth with Meyer.