• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Florida's new recruiting coordinator:

7.jpg

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

right on toolio

it remains to be seen if usf made a mistake in selecting leavitt over zook

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder what the negative impact will be with all of these players leaving.  It doesn't look good from a program perspective.

Guest toolio

DawgPound,

Actually, the number of players transferring is pretty low. I think Meyer had over 20 transfers when he went to Bowling Green and over 10 when he went to Utah.

We're looking at like 2 or 3... actually low for a coaching change as some players just don't fit into a system or a coaching philosophy with every change.  Florida fans are ecstatic on how well the players are buying into the system.

As for recruiting, just look at Florida's 2006 class so far: 1 5-star, 4 4-stars, a 3-star, and one player who will probably be a 3/4 once they've completed the rating. We're hoping to have half of our class done before the Wyoming game...

So, I'd say no negative impact.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I know there was a huge negative wave from the Gator locker room when Zook was told that he will not be kept after the season.  Meyer is a completely different brand of coach and not all of the players will mesh well enough to want to stay.

Guest toolio
I know there was a huge negative wave from the Gator locker room when Zook was told that he will not be kept after the season.  Meyer is a completely different brand of coach and not all of the players will mesh well enough to want to stay.

Yeah... that happens anytime a coach is fired except in some extreme cases, where the coach alienates the players first. Most of those players settled down once a hire had been made and they were able to keep Meyer.

He's definitely a different type of coach, a bit too intense for some players, but so far only a few players have opted for transfers. None are starters, so that's good from a leadership standpoint. I honestly think he has an easier job with the players than Zook did. He has his record of success with him to back him up. Zook basically had his personality (which went a long way with players).

Perhaps Meyer is losing less players at each stop because he's moving up the ladder and each time he does, he inherits athletes who have more of a business mindset - the desire to win and/or go pro - plus he has a longer resume each time.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

meyer will be fine

he has all the talent in the world at florida

they shouldn't lose more than 3 games a year ever