• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An Evolving Perception of Our FootBulls (Long)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The only way Andre Hall gets more than 50 yards against PSU is if its a complete blowout and PSU has their third team in.

I don't think you guys realize just how good that PSU defense is.  

Okay...since you feel a need to post that we will leave it on the board.  It's only a couple months away.  If Andre Hall gains more than 50 yards before the PSU defense is taken over by players not listed on the First or Second team defense - you will lose your priveleges here for a year.  That's fair.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

Well, it could also mean that initial projections of Ronnie and H.B. were wrong, or that H.B. has just progressed further than Ronnie while in college.  Just playing Devil's advocate.  But both are good linebackers, no doubt.

As far as recruiting, I think USF is recruiting well enough to compete in the BE.  Which school is doing better than the other from a recruiting standpoint is so difficult to quantify.  Usually the best way to determine pure talent is NFL draft picks.  The NFL scouts do countless hours of homework and are objective (don't care what school they are from).  What teams actually win year in and year out brings in many other factors (in addition to talent-level of recruits) that are tough to measure (coaching schemes, coaches getting the RIGHT players for their systems, coaching turnover, injuries to key players, scheduling, etc...).

Ronnie came to USF after he tore the ACL and MCL in his knee.  It was a very extensive injury and he really didn't even practice in pads at USF until the spring of 2004; even during that spring he was held back a bit.  That held back his development, and when he could have made a move during that time when we had a glut of LB's some guys moved ahead.  Yet Ronnie still started a game last year and played really well in 2004.  Ronnie is just facing a LB crew that has Stephen Nicholas, a very highly sought after LBer in 2002, Mompremier the #24 overall player in FL in 2004, Moffitt a big kid that just makes plays, and incoming Geno Coleman JC AA and MVP of the JC Championship game.  Ronnie's still in the thick of the LBing battle and I wouldn't count him out, but he's every bit as good as advertised we're just stockpiling some very good LBers at USF.

As for NFL draft picks and recruiting, you are very much correct.  However, the good recruits USF has landed the past three years are still far from becoming draft eligible most are just sophomores or younger.  Like I said the good recruiting should pay serious dividends in 06 and 07 when these past three years of recruits become upperclassmen.  In the mean time they need to learn how to play at the BCS level and will compete against programs like Pitt, and WVU who have 5th and 6th year players that have been playing BCS comp and were recruited as BCS caliber 4-5 years ago.  That makes the difference right now and why we'll be fighting for our lives this season to keep up.

Guest S.  Bien
The only way Andre Hall gets more than 50 yards against PSU is if its a complete blowout and PSU has their third team in.

I don't think you guys realize just how good that PSU defense is.  

You could be right, but Andre Hall is an awfully good RB that seems to not go down on the first hit no matter who we play.  PSU's defense is great, but under 50 yards is a pretty tall order even for their defense.  Even if he got 75-100 yards it doesn't mean we'll win or they didn't run over us, but Andre's a **** good back and even Haynes gained like 60 yards against them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

You could be right, but Andre Hall is an awfully good RB that seems to not go down on the first hit no matter who we play.  PSU's defense is great, but under 50 yards is a pretty tall order even for their defense.  Even if he got 75-100 yards it doesn't mean we'll win or they didn't run over us, but Andre's a **** good back and even Haynes gained like 60 yards against them.

PSU does have a good defense and Hall could get 50 yards....in one run.  I think Hall is just that talented.  Like you said, USF still might not win, but he will get his yards if he gets the carries.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we have been  terrible on the field the last 2 years and i haven't seen any benefit of "a top 3 recruiting classes"

psu will slaughter us

the world knows about hall  

usf doesn't have a plan b

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

we have been  terrible on the field the last 2 years and i haven't seen any benefit of "a top 3 recruiting classes"

psu will slaughter us

blah, blah, blah, you're a f*cking broken record.

Instead of commenting on every thread, you should just post a link back to one of your comments like this one since it never changes.

Guest S.  Bien

blah, blah, blah, you're a f*cking broken record.

Instead of commenting on every thread, you should just post a link back to one of your comments like this one since it never changes.

remember his football knowledge comes from apparently once watching a training video and apparently coaching two year olds how to tackle.  He certainly doesn't understand college football or how you build one of these programs.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

psu will slaughter us

We get it already... you think we're going to be bad this year. You really don't need to keep saying it.

I say we give Smazza his own thread to complain about the quality of USF athletics, and sticky it so he doesn't feel the need to keep repeating himself.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We get it already... you think we're going to be bad this year. You really don't need to keep saying it.

I say we give Smazza his own thread to complain about the quality of USF athletics, and sticky it so he doesn't feel the need to keep repeating himself.

He'll just respond to himself.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Our bad play these past two years  is obviously eating away at him during this long summer.