• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready to reimburse those FAMU tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

You really don't understand the word "relativity?"  SMU was paying players, cheating in recruiting, and generally breaking all the rules.  It was absolute lawlessness on their campus for the football program.  As many as 30 players were actually paid to attend SMU over a four year span.  FAMU isn't close to committing that type of awful act.

OH Christ, now you are a member of the NCAA investiation team.  So what you're telling me is you know what they will announce.   Because they list a few of the violations, does not mean that is the complete list.  Also, they were using ineligible players, how did those players become ineligible?  Was it only grades, or was it they were paid, who knows.  What I do know is, the NCAA death penalty is suppose to be for those school that commit violations while still on active probation.  Do you know for a fact that they have not been paying players?

If USF was not playing FAMU, you would not be so quick to defend them.  Even if you want to defend them, FAMU is a bankrupt school.  The only reason they don't get the death penalty is because of an issue that has already been addressed here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Hmm you mean like Colorado providing sex for recruits or the many violations by SEC schools. Please if FAMU uses the race card so as not to get the death penalty good for them because those SEC schools and others have been using other cards to stay out of the same. As for their penalty since we dont know their 200 infractions and how the NCAA will rule on them then its pointless. and if some here are defending FAMU because we are playing them is no difference from the glee on your boards as to their demise because they are on our schedule

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

OH Christ, now you are a member of the NCAA investiation team.

So what you're telling me is you know what they will announce.  

If USF was not playing FAMU, you would not be so quick to defend them.

pot_kettle.txt

Cuban, something to realize, those schools you list were not on probation when they committed their second act.  Bama had 16 violations and four secondary violations.  By comparison, FAMU has committed over 400 violations in the past year.  Now we don't know what of those will be considered primary violations and secondary violations, but I hardly think there will be 400 secondary violations.  Because of those violations, Bama self imposed a reduction of 25 scholorships for football over a three year period, reduced its official paid visits to recruits amongst other changes.  

As I said, what Colorado did was horrible, but they were not on probation at the time, therefore the death penalty would not be an option.  

Do I think FAMU will get the death penalty, no, but for obvious reasons.  But if the NCAA does not use it on FAMU, they will never be able to threaten any school with it again.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

If USF was not playing FAMU, you would not be so quick to defend them.

If USF wasn't playing them we wouldn't have to defend them because nobody would have brought it up. It was only brought up because of your obsession with us and you having hurt feelings because that game here will outdraw the mighty Kanigits' game ....

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

pot_kettle.txt

Careful, Gary, you may wake up with one of these on your lawn if you keep that up .....

Cross-burning-t.jpg

83, keep up on your current events.  They will release the lastest 200+ from this past year, and just last year they releases 196 vilolations.  Now I know that you went to USF, but 196 plus 200+ most likely means over 400.

Triple, only you would bring out a burning cross, but than again, if its not a graffic, you bring nothing.  What a moronic loser you must be.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

maybe im just tired...... BUT.... this sure reads like the 196 and well over 200 figures are the same....

The investigation was the continuation of the one that showed 196 NCAA rules violations throughout Florida A&M's athletics program and led to the school stripping itself of 11 conference titles, including two in football.

Hollins said that was the midpoint of the school's investigation, and the school feels that the number of violations is now "well over 200."

I even added spacing to make it a little easier to read for ya

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Note: I realize I'm repeating some of what USFBull83 said. I did not see his post as I was working on mine.

If anyone needs to keep up with current events, Knight Dive, it's you. Allow me to correct you on a few points. You said:

(FAMU) will release the lastest 200+ from this past year, and just last year they releases 196 vilolations.  Now I know that you went to USF, but 196 plus 200+ most likely means over 400.

Let us review the original article, which you yourself posted:

The investigation was the continuation of the one that showed 196 NCAA rules violations throughout Florida A&M's athletics program and led to the school stripping itself of 11 conference titles, including two in football.

Hollins said that was the midpoint of the school's investigation, and the school feels that the number of violations is now "well over 200."

Now I know that you went to UCF, but the word "continuation" means "an extension by which something is carried to a further point", or "a resumption after an interruption." For extra credit, buy a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "midpoint."

In other words: the "more than 200" vilolations (pronounced VILL-o-LAY-shuns) being mentioned now INCLUDE the 196 vilolations that were releases in 2004. So no, the total number of vilolations does not exceed 400. That is a lot of vilolations for them to releases, though.

Having addressed that point, we must now delve into the realm of subtlety. Pay close attention to the following quotes, taken from http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7518526

July 22, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports      

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference followed through with its proposed punishment against Florida A&M for 196 NCAA rule violations, and stripped the Rattlers of 11 conference titles, including two in football.

Do I need to explain the meaning of the word "its"?

In the school's report, FAMU listed self-imposed sanctions that included three years' probation for the school; the loss of four partial and two full scholarships in football and one each in baseball, women's basketball and women's track in each of the next three academic years.

I know "self-imposed" is kind of a tricky word, but for our purposes it means "not imposed by the NCAA." Stay with me on this one. One more line from the article:

The NCAA is conducting its own investigation, which could result in sanctions beyond those proposed by the school.

Phrases like "is conducting" and "could result" clearly imply something that is not yet finished and may not even happen. Which becomes very relevant, as we address some of your previous comments about FAMU's lastest vilolations.

Getting back to some of your comments from earlier in the thread:

If it is true that FAMU has committed another 200+ violations, on top of the 100+ just a year ago, and they committed those violation while on their current probation, than they deserve to get the death penalty.

Well, we've already established that FAMU has not committed "another" (adj. one more; an additional) 200 violations.

As for "current probation", let's see what the NCAA has to say about that. Go to the NCAA Rules and Bylaws page. Scroll down and click "Legislative Services Database." From the menu at left, click Major Infractions. This will take you to a page entitled "Major Infraction Case Search."

First, scroll down and click List of Institutions Currently on Probation. Post on this thread what it says about Florida A&M's current NCAA probation status. Be sure to include the dates when their current NCAA probation started, when it ends, and what sports it applies to.

Then, scroll back up and type "Florida A&M" into the Institution text box. This search will take you to a list of all major infractions committed by Florida A&M, as acknowledged by the NCAA. Post the details of FAMU's lastest vilolation, when it started, what sport it was in, and whether or not they got the death penalty.

For extra-extra credit, post the Billboard Top Ten pop songs from the week of the most recent FAMU-related entry in the NCAA infractions database. (For an estimate, click here.)

I await your report.