• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready to reimburse those FAMU tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bama has alot of juice  

schools like smu and famu don't

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

If the NCAA does not kill the FAMU program, they will lose all credability and most likely will never be able to sanction programs in the future.  We are talking about over 300 violations here.  When UF got hit in the mid 80's, they only had 106.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Ask SMU about the death penalty.  FAMU has committed over 300 violations in a little over a year.  If FAMU does not get the death penalty, than no one ever will.

As far as the "death penalty" goes, I read somewhere that the determining factor is whether or not the University is forthcoming and helps with the investigation.  I read that SMU was trying to hide information and they were taking the NCAA lightly.  My guess is FAMU will be punished, but I would be VERY surprised if they receive the "death penalty", as long as they are forthcoming and start taking positive steps (firing their HC).

I think two other factors will help FAMU.  First, they are only I-AA.  When you are bumping top-5 I-A programs out of major bowls, you are stealing a lot of money from some major programs.  I would also like to point out that FAMU being a historically black college can only help.  I can't imagine the number of PC police that would come out of the woodwork.  The NCAA would be playing with fire.  I can already hear Jesse Jackson.  

8)

As for your PC police comment, just turn it around.  So the next time a non black college gets into serious trouble, the will throw the race card as well.

this is not a black issue, this is an NCAA issue and there is not a more corrupt program in the country than FAMU.  The administration is corrupt, the academics is corrupt and the sports are corrupt.

Something tells me the NCAA is the least of the problems heading towards FAMU.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

As for your PC police comment, just turn it around.  So the next time a non black college gets into serious trouble, the will throw the race card as well.

this is not a black issue, this is an NCAA issue and there is not a more corrupt program in the country than FAMU.  The administration is corrupt, the academics is corrupt and the sports are corrupt.

Something tells me the NCAA is the least of the problems heading towards FAMU

Such vitriol for little ole FAMU!! Looks like someone is still pissed it looks like the FAMU game will outdraw the mighty Kanigit game here ................ That or maybe we should start calling him KKKnight_Dive.

Triple, if USF is hanging their hats on the FAMU game to set their attendance record, than you and USF have much more problems than anything concerning me or UCF.  

I could care less about FAMU, their athletic programs are about to be shut down, their academic institution is being questioned to the point of losing accredidation.  

What bothers me is special treatment.  If it is true that FAMU has committed another 200+ violations, on top of the 100+ just a year ago, and they committed those violation while on their current probation, than they deserve to get the death penalty.  

This is not affirmative action here.  If BCC can do it right and build a solid sports program as they have, than FAMU can as well.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Triple, if USF is hanging their hats on the FAMU game to set their attendance record, than you and USF have much more problems than anything concerning me or UCF.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hanging their hats on the FAMU game" but you are correct. We have a helluvalot more problems than anything concerning you or UCF ........ always have, always will. You numbnuts are the least of our worries.

I could care less about FAMU,

I don't know ..... "this is not a black issue, this is an NCAA issue and there is not a more corrupt program in the country than FAMU.  The administration is corrupt, the academics is corrupt and the sports are corrupt" ..... Sounds like you have some deep seated animosity that is just looking to boil over.

Guest Sprtsfn627

SMU's violations were much more serious than FAMU's.  Besides, the NCAA basically has come out and admitted that they will never give the death penalty again.

Look at the recent punishments.  If anything, the NCAA is getting lighter on colleges.  Georgia Tech was going to impose penalties on themselves, and the NCAA told them that they were being too harsh on their self-imposed sanctions.  So I can't imagine FAMU getting the death penalty, although it would not surprise me if financial issues caused them to drop the team for a few years after 2005.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

The FAMU@USF game is only three months away. Whatever comes of these violations, it'll take a lot longer than that to sort out.

Guest S.  Bien
If the NCAA does not kill the FAMU program, they will lose all credability and most likely will never be able to sanction programs in the future.  We are talking about over 300 violations here.  When UF got hit in the mid 80's, they only had 106.

You really don't understand the word "relativity?"  SMU was paying players, cheating in recruiting, and generally breaking all the rules.  It was absolute lawlessness on their campus for the football program.  As many as 30 players were actually paid to attend SMU over a four year span.  FAMU isn't close to committing that type of awful act.   Most of their stuff is illegal contact with recruits, and contacting transfer students without releases, coaches helping players during non-practice time.  Hardly Death Penalty matters for the NCAA, but definitely worthy of a good ole fashion spanking.   Besides the NCAA offers the Death Penalty to programs after they've already levied sanctions previously or when the programs don't comply.  Alabama was already on probation in the early 90's, and thus this latest thrust almost put them over the top.  SMU was just sticking their thumbs up to the NCAA and establishment for almost 5 years, and basically ignored the NCAA investigation.  FAMU doesn't have enough nickels to pay for new jerseys much less pay for a recruit, or help their families.

FAMU is slapping itself, and from I've been reading and gathering they maybe over the top on the punishment.  I actually doubt the NCAA will come down as harsh on ALL THEIR SPORTS.  Football maybe, but some of the stuff in the Olympic Sports is almost inconsequential.  To me, it almost seems as if FAMU is disguising some budget cuts in the Olympic Sports behind the auspices of NCAA sanctions.  The real fact is they don't have the budgets to maintain the schollies they have in many sports.  This way the placate the NCAA, and subtlely cut their budget in half.