• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Gets First 2006 Hoops Commit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Scout just classified Dante Curry as a FOUR STAR recruit.

Dante Curry    

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 165

Position:  PG, SG  

Projected as:  PG, SG  

Position Rank:  24

Class:  2006 Senior

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1340278

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

wow, they even have him as USF verbal and still gave him 4 stars!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

'Cuz we're officially a BE school now.  If we were still in CUSA he'd probably be a 3.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

beastie I think that's right.  Football's one thing, but in there mind when a kid is going to the #1 basketball conference in the nation then he must be good.

Also, it didn't hurt that Curry's been lighting up the summer circuit.  He finished as one of the all-stars at the Summer Bend, and somewhere i just read he was having great success at another camp.  

It seems USF plucked him at just the right time, now let's get him to sign in November.  I now understand why the kid said the Big East and Robert McCullum were the two reasons he wanted to attend USF.  He knows he's a big time kid, and had we been in C-USA he would have never committed to us- he basically said that in a rivals interview.

He's considered a star on the rise and that should help us to land other quality players this year.  

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the tournament was South Florida bound Dante Curry. From start to finish, the future Bull was the most consistent player for Team Breakdown. He's very athletic, a savvy scorer and a nice defender. The compliments flowed for the Sunshine State native all weekend.

http://www.seetallahassee.com/vendorimages/leoncountytdc/Big%20Bend%20Wrap-Up.doc

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Must say this is a good pickup by CRM.  My only qualm is that he seems to be getting the same types of players - 6'4" or 6'6" wing players who could be PG or SG.  Many of them are also rail thin - I mean 6'4" 165lbs is a rail (I know he's only going to be a senior next year but still...)  

My point is the BE is not only the best conference in the nation but it is also the most physical.  It's been said a million times on this board but we have to have some big bodies to compete in this league.  It doesn't matter if college bball is dominated by guards nowadays.  You've got to have enforcers out there and we have none.  Solomon Jones is going to get eaten alive.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I agree he is thin, but he'll grow a bit and we have a great facility, he'll put on some muscle, you can count on that.  And not all his players are 6'4 wing players, but there certainly is a bias towards that since he favors shooters.  But Frane is a shooter he is 6'10 250.

I think the big guys will start to come sooner than later now that we are grabbing some real good talent (Dennis/Sills/Curry).

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Cleary we will be playing a three guard set alot of the time which has its plus and minus side.

Guest bball bull

Dennis doesn not play point guard. Its my understanding that capko was on scholarship last year. Ive heard mccullums system is difficult to learn and could be a reason why capko could see good minutes. He played well when he did playu last year and think he could be a solid pg. Dennis I think will start at the 2 with buckley at the 3. The front court outside of jones is wide opened.

Its my understanding that capko was on scholarship last year.

Where did you hear that?

I've never seen any article saying that Capko has a BB scholarship at USF. I've seen plenty of articles mentioning him as a walk-on.