• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Devil Rays draft.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They've taken 3 RHPs with their first three picks.

Make that 4 out of 4.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I was on MLB.com to see if RJ Anderson (a Bull recruit) who said that if he was drafted in the first five rounds he would play pro baseball. I could not find his name. Is the draft through five rounds yet? Has anyone seen RJ's name come up?

So many questions......

Whoops, I put this on the wrong board.  Can someone move it to the General Sports board, please?

Through seven round 6 of 7 picks have been pitchers.  5 of them right-handed.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

USF's RJ Anderson was the 279th pick of the draft to the Rangers... wonder if he is going to go play baseball or come to USF to play football...  fingers crossed

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Well, pitching is the one glaring weakness in the DRay organization. I believe 13 of the first 18 picks this year were pitchers. I guess they figure atleast one of them should make it to be a major league caliber pitcher.  That will be too long to wait though. Im hoping they trade one of there abundant OF's (outside Crawford, Baldelli and Young.....which would leave Gaithwright, Hollins, Sanchez, Hamilton, Dukes to be traded)for some pitching (major league ready or close to it).

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

total agreement there shiznitz, but they should keep Gomes too.  Watching these most recent road trip games on tv has been one of the most painful things I've ever done.  Especially tonights game (though, somehow, even after having a 5 run lead in the seventh I knew they'd blow it).

Knowing the rays orginization track record though, I have a feeling how the trades are going to go.  Every other team in MLB will be trading and the rays will sit back and do nothing (maybe trade Upton or some other guy they brought up too early to ruin his confidence), win 50-some games and wait until the offseason to pick up some veteran on his last legs for cheap.

Near the top of the league in most every hitting category, and dead last in pitching.  They need more than new pitchers, they need a new pitching coach now!  When not one pitcher on the team can throw strikes consistently and two are insane, something needs to change.  I'm even beginning to think Lou needs to go, and some young firey guy needs to be brought in who won't put up with this losing mindset.

GO RAYS!  STRAIGHT TO 53 WINS!!!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I'm even beginning to think Lou needs to go, and some young firey guy needs to be brought in who won't put up with this losing mindset.

Probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on here concerning the Rays. Pinella isn't the reason they're losing and he isn't putting up with it by choice...in fact if upper mgmt doesn't do more to improve the team then he'll be gone soon. He was brought in with the understanding that steps would be taken to make the team competitive and that hasn't happened.