• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Turd Ferguson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Good day, Ned!  Great to see you here.  I'm looking forward to more of your insightful comments regarding Bulls athletics.

Remember the Football IQ thing with BradBull? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

Remember the Football IQ thing with BradBull? 

His trademark phrase.  If I had a dollar for every time he bragged about his own "football I.Q.," I'd be sitting in my summer retirement chateau on the Maine coast right now.

• Upvote 1

Has Phil Perkins registered an account here yet?

12 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Has Phil Perkins registered an account here yet?

Phil Perkins......the incredibly optimistic individual? That 3-9 abomination by Holtz didn't put a dent in Phil's ethusiasm. 

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Phil Perkins......the incredibly optimistic individual? That 3-9 abomination by Holtz didn't put a dent in Phil's ethusiasm. 

Yes, he tanked on his predictions of Holtz.  However, ol' Phil's unflinching optimism paid off when Taggart's squads finally starting putting things together over the past two seasons.  He was, in the end, seen as some sort of savant.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

18 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I had never heard about  the meeting of BullMark and Steve O. until now. I actually did meet BullMark at an ECU game in what I think was Taggart's second year with the program. Nice guy, and a very passionate fan. 

I also used to imagine what some of these people might look like. I remember stories of Steve and another poster agreeing to meet in a fast food parking lot to settle their differences. I was under the impression that he was a burly biker-type as well. I had him looking like the guy with the mustache from Ram Jam. Man, I was WAY off. He actually invited me to a tailgate of his, but I never did meet him. I did see him in a brief video at some event with Taggart that I believe was on one of Auman's blogs. A nice guy by most accounts. 

Aw, man...this likely triggers Turd!  That story was was when some troll (UCF, maybe) was talking about going to the hospital to rough up a USF player in the hospital (not likely a real threat...but the troll was vulgar and threatening).  Steve O offered to meet him in the Burger King parking lot near the hospital, and the troll said he would meet him there.  The event never transpired, thankfully, but if I recall, Steve O showed.

That earned him numerous nicknames from Turd, like Burger Boy and other clever quips.  Steve O used to get so pissed at Turd.  I saw Steve O at a USF game a few weeks before he died.  I told him I'd communicated with Turd, and since the were both real fans, they'd likely get along if they ever met.  Steve was not convinced such a meeting would be pleasant.  Still, I'll always appreciate the banter, opinion sharing & characters of the Auman Blog (which died when they tried to charge a monthly fee, and the blog quality dipped when Knight took over).

16 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

One thing I liked about the formative years of the board was that a lot of people knew each other from get-togethers and events.  It certainly takes some vitriol away when there's no anonymity to hide behind. 

I'd love to connect with this bunch...we'd need name tags (joking, but maybe not a bad idea).  I'll be at Tulane, so if' there's a Bullspen gathering, that'd be cool.  I'll be in NOLA Wed-Mon.  Can't wait.

18 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Sounds like Auman's blogs were a gas.

It really was, though Holtz really killed the fun vibe, by degrading our team.  It made it hard to do much more than commiserate.

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

When I first joined that blog, I was joking around with Turd about something and O'Neil went off on me out of the blue. That was my introduction to him. Didn't understand what set him off, but soon learned of his history with Turd. I was ok with him over time though. 

Speaking of Auman's old blog, anybody know if Don G. (SoTampaBull) is a member here? Haven't seen his name in a while. 

He is, but I can't recall his screen name.  I'll shoot him a note to see if he wants to join the fray. 

6 hours ago, JupiterBull said:
6 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

It really was, though Holtz really killed the fun vibe, by degrading our team.  It made it hard to do much more than commiserate.

The Holtz era made for some entertaining blogging at times though. Used to look forward to the comments when Holtz would do something stupid, like the aforementioned Cincy and Miami games.