• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SFB: Summer Chat Series Starts June 9th

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Announcement:

SouthFloridaBulls.com (SFB) announces the start of the 2005 Summer Chat Series on June 9th, 2005 at 8:00 p.m. eastern time.

Each Thursday throughout June and into July, SFB will present a guest from USF or the local media.  All chats will be held at BULLHeaded's BullChat! Chat Room at SouthFloridaBulls.com.  Please support this effort and take part in chats with those close to the program.  Select the link above to ensure your compatibility with the chat room program.

Our first guest is confirmed for June 9th at 8:00 p.m. eastern.  I am still working on scheduling for another 3-6 guests.  As the schedule is confirmed, it will be published here.  The chat page will also be updated over the next couple days with further information.  The identity of our first guest will be announced shortly.

Please mark your calendars for next Thursday!  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Sounds great.  I'll make every attempt to be there.

While I am still awaiting confirmations from a number of other chat guest invitees, I am pleased to announce our first chat guest on Thursday, November 9th will be Greg Auman or the St. Petersburg Times.

Greg, will join us for a memorable evening of talking Bull and whetever else comes across.  Greg is the Bulls beat writer for the Times' and has recently attended the "Around the Horns" events.

We have two other commitments for the series and as future weeks are firmed up, they will be announced.  Hopefully, I'll be able to announce the month of June's guests by the end of this week.

Also to note: The chat room is in the process of being modified.  There will likely be a limit of 25 participants for this chat.  Please be sure to get there early on Thursday night.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

I'll sure to block off November 9th... but that's a Wednesday.  Definately Wednesday.

umm.. did you mean June?   ;)

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Hey Greg... just to give you a heads up...

1.  A real USF sports web site?

2.  Fall practice reports?

3.  Beat writer and columnist going to all home AND away football and hoops games?

4.  2006 recruiting tidbits?

I'll sure to block off November 9th... but that's a Wednesday.  Definately Wednesday.

umm.. did you mean June?   ;)

Yep, June 9th...Thursday...Where I came up with November, I have no idea....thanks for the correction RTB.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

good questions! and maybe i can do another one on november 9, just as basketball gets going. i've got to save some of these questions for the chat though.

i'm certainly with you guys in wanting a more thorough and reliable USF page on the sptimes.com site, but a lot of that is out of my hands. we should have everything I write about USF on that page, and i'll continue to ask our online folks to try to address that as best as they can. the best way you can make a difference with our USF coverage is by sending an e-mail to sptsnews@sptimes.com any time you have a thought or suggestion -- good or bad -- about our coverage. i look forward to chatting on thursday -- take it easy on me, ok?

greg

Greg we want the answer to everything on Thursday...no taking it easy..   ;D

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Will a transcript of the chat be made available? or at least a summary of the main points? for those of us not able to make it

Unfortunatley I will miss this one cause I am gonna be sat drinking in a field in preparation for a rock festival to start on the Friday! Rock on!

Yes, I believe we will have a transcript.  We recently purchased an upgrade to the chat room so that we could do a couple different things:

1)  Produce transcripts

2)  Actually have chat moderating tools

So, if you can not make it today (Thursday), we will likely have a transcript.  if you do make it, please be patient while Greg and I get comfortable behind the controls.

Remember, even with transcripts, it's important to attend - someone has to ask the questions!

It will take a while to utilize/realize all the new features in the new chat room, but I think you will find them worthwhile.