• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SFB: Summer Chat Series Starts June 9th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I'll bring the smoldering coals if someone will hold Greg's feet over them.   ;)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Will there be any method to choosing which questions will be asked?

The reason why I am asking is that I remember one previous chat, I think with Gerdes, where there were MANY questions asked at once to the guest and some didn't get answered.

Some chatrooms have questions submitted in advance to the moderator and HE gets to decide on which questions will be asked of the guest. That could work in the early stages of the chat and then it could be opened up for additional questions.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

That is how it will work HowieP.

We have a couple options and since we have not been able to test it, we'll see how it goes.

There is a moderation option that basically only allows those in the chat to post questions - but not respond or comment to the general public - basically a "READ ONLY" environment.  That seems a little stifling but is a nice feature when needed.

The other option which I think we will try is "Open Moderation"  Any questions for the guest get submitted as above, but the gang in the chat room can still comment in the general chat window.  This way the Speaker only responds to the questions directed to him, but there is still a way to commuicate with the others.

I am not sure how smoothly followups can be done in either format, but am learning quickly  :).

The help pages for this chat room suggest having two people run the chat - in addition to the speaker.  We may take that path down the road where we have an administrator and a moderator if we can keep interest high enough.

Thankfully Greg is open to being our experiment and has already stated he will do it again.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Where's that transcript, Brad.  Dang, it's been over a half hour since it's been over!

;)

j/k.  Thanks for setting that up.

I took the day off work to finish setting up the room and testing - and then had to run to work to do my real job.  When I get home tonight I will put together the transcript...it will probably be early Friday morning for East-coasters.

Just a reminder to join us again this Thursday night at 8:00 p.m. eastern, as we will have Dave Glaser, proprietor of USFBullsEYE.com (Rivals USF affiliate) in the chat room to talk about everything Bull.