• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2005 Bulls Club Travel Guide - Fall Edition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  269
  • Days Won:  0

To add to Eric's response, anyone traveling on our packages will have bus transportation between the hotel, alumni tailgate, and stadium.  

Vicki

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bullman33

The pregame parties are way too expensive.  For my family of 4, it costs at least $100 for some hot dogs/hamburgers, cookies and ice tea.  It alternates a little, ex creole in usm, beef and chicken fajitas in tcu, etc. but still way too much for a simple lunch.  The OU lunch was better, a bbq lunch at some well know restaurant, but the tent deals are just too much for what you get.  I have started grilling myself with a small portbale grill, or buy subs and tailgate.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Bullman,

Consider the extra cost of the pregame party a donation to the athletic department. After all, they went to the trouble of finding someone in that town to cater the event, and they brought everyone out there, and they set up a tent, etc. etc. etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Bullman,

Consider the extra cost of the pregame party a donation to the athletic department. After all, they went to the trouble of finding someone in that town to cater the event, and they brought everyone out there, and they set up a tent, etc. etc. etc.

Jamie,

The lunches are set up by the alumni association, not the athletic department... (although they do work together)...  

Just wanted to clarify that for people reading this thread.

:-)

Guest bullman33

Its a great event, don't get me wrong, but it's just not econimical for a family of 4 to spend $100 on lunch, especially after spending $$$ for other aspects of the trip.  I appreciate the AA setting it up, and i realize there are other costs involved that need to be covered and passed along, but I guess I just don't make enough $$ to justify spending $100 on hot dogs, hamburgers and baked beans.  If I was by myself, I would spend the $25 and consider the extra amount as a donation, but not with 3 others along.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I remember the tailer that was at So. Miss. Fried catfish, fixins, dogs, beer, it was ALL good. Had a great time!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

The OU event was great.   Just being there with Mr. Selmon was worth the price.

Guest bullman33

I agree and the presentation OU did at half time for LRS was awesome, as was the standing ovation he got from the crowd, including the 1000 or so bulls fans all with our lrs selmon/usf shirts on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brandon Aldridge

USF Alumni in the Philadelphia / S. Jersey area I, Brandon Aldridge, USF Class of '88,  am the chapter lead.  There are just a touch under 1,000 of us in this area.  We have a very active chapter and can't wait to pound PSU on 9-3-05 @ 3:30 pm in their own backyard.  

If you would like information on our chapter contact me at bausfkid@comcast.net or at 610-594-1030.  We will be chartering a bus from Philly area to State College for the game.  

Go Bulls!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brandon Aldridge

With only 53 days to go until USF pounds Penn St. the USF Philadelphi / S. Jersey Alumni Chapter has 25 seats remaining on our chartered bus from Exton, PA (Philly Suburb) to State College, PA.  Round trip bus tickets are $40.00 per person.  Ride in style and party all the way up and back.  If you would like to ride w/us email Chapter Lead Brandon Aldridge @ bausfkid@comcast.net or call 60-594-1030.  Hurry seats are going fast.

GO BULLS!