• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest S.  Bien
I love the fact the Meyer is bringing some spirit back at UF.  Honestly...has the UF/FSU games been nearly as fun to watch the past 3 years?

As a college football fan...I love it!!  I actually miss the Spurrier days at UF.  Sure...there was a lot of classless BS spewed...but it didn't matter to my school and was a lot of fun to watch.  I just hope Spurrier can successful at USC and Meyer has to contend against him for the East, eventually.  Can you imagine the ribbing between those two??!!  

The Good:  Brings fun back into the state of florida for college football...too much "sweet" Zook has brought down some toughness and swagger this state had.  It wasn't fun to beat UF anymore...now those teams will enjoy it more.

The Bad:  Better back it up or it'll be a LOOOONG off season.

Can't blame him though...UM and FSU still don't have the fan base of UF or the support.  Meyer wasn't wrong there.

As for UCF and USF fans...none of us can really say anything about Meyer.  Both of our schools would be plenty happy to have him coach our teams.  No offense to GOL...I'm still giving him 2 years to prove himself...but I wouldn't be upset if UCF had Meyer, instead.  And I know that USF would say the same thing vs. Leavitt.

I don't think I would say the same about Meyer's over Leavitt.   Remember, Jim had a tough year last year, but he's really built this thing from scratch.  He started before we even had TRAILERS!  So, a lot of respect has to be given to Jim for that type of effort and one sub-par season that partly had to do with some bad off-season breaks isn't quite enough to sway most's opinion.

However with that being said, one thing that Urban does, which Jim doesn't do as much of, is promote to the masses.  Urban's visits to the students, and local businesses, his families involvement with the campus endears himself to the students and masses.  Jim certainly does his fair share of tours, and speaking engagements but he doesn't sponsor town hall chats with the students, sponsor pizza parties, or bake cookies, and stroll around campus chatting up the students.   Now at UF Urban's efforts are not that big of deal, UF sells out the swamp regardless and their student section holds like 20k (and always packed)- everyone would show regardless if he had pizza with a Frat or not.  Although, at USF or UCF (much like when he was at BGSU and Utah) that type of invigoration among the students and faculty could help.   Something to get them fired up.  I wouldn't trade Leavitt in a minute, but Urban's style works real well at small Universities.  Now we'll see how it does at a football factory.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope Spurrier can successful at USC and Meyer has to contend against him for the East, eventually.  Can you imagine the ribbing between those two??!!

I hope SOS beats his ass every year .............

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

(he bragged of Florida being the No.1 public institution in National Merit Scholars) is this true? hard to believe

EASY to believe.

None of you are taking into account the state of Florida's higher _population_ relative to the others -- and a majority of kids prefer to stay instate/close to home. UF is also the undisputed all-around academic king of this highly populated state. It makes perfect sense that it would have more National Merit scholars over other states' schools, like UVA and Rutgers, if simply because those states have low pops.

In the case of the state of California, in general the better students more evenly choose among the likes of UCLA, Berkley, USC, and Stanford. Each of those is known for academic excellence.

Guest Toolio
Ahh, one of the great urban myths.

Yep. It's amazing how many people tell the love bug story as if it's the gospel.

It takes all of 5 seconds of research to find out that it's not true... but people want it to be true.

It's called Google, people. Learn it, Love it.