• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah those schools are better, but not by that wide of a margin.  Also, some of those schools have better programs or schools, but may not be better overall as a University.

are you kidding?  those three are regarded as the top 3 public institutions and all have much more prestige/national reputation than UF

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toolio

are you kidding?  those three are regarded as the top 3 public institutions and all have much more prestige/national reputation than UF

Florida must be doing pretty good since their admission requirements are on par with those schools that you've listed.

Florida must be doing pretty good since their admission requirements are on par with those schools that you've listed.

oh geez you sound like a UCF fan... admission standards/averages do not make a school

Guest toolio

oh geez you sound like a UCF fan... admission standards/averages do not make a school

Of course not. That's one factor.

But the fact is, Florida's student body is on par with these other schools. So why is it a surprise that Florida has such a great number of Merit scholars?

It doesn't take one to understand that logic... you just seem to be struggling.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

He's a USF guy, it's understandable.

Of course not. That's one factor.

But the fact is, Florida's student body is on par with these other schools. So why is it a surprise that Florida has such a great number of Merit scholars?

It doesn't take one to understand that logic... you just seem to be struggling.

I never contended that, my contention was the #1 ranking for public schools.... it may be true, it may not be.... I simply stated that it was hard to believe with other public intsitutions with more national prestige, reputation, etc

as for being a "usf guy"....  ill add the disclaimer that I was not only accepted to UF, but accepted into their honors program/school/college whatever it is called, just so I dont sound like a disgruntled UF reject.  Never applied to UCF, well, because it is in Orlando and that is enough of a reason

back on topic.... havent seen anything recently on Urban, but im sure he said something else stupid, so.... SHUT UP URBAN!

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

UCF was the only instate school I applied to because I liked the location.  It wasn't integrated into a city.

I was just egging you on a bit earlier. ;)

Guest Toolio

I never contended that, my contention was the #1 ranking for public schools.... it may be true, it may not be.... I simply stated that it was hard to believe with other public intsitutions with more national prestige, reputation, etc

as for being a "usf guy"....  ill add the disclaimer that I was not only accepted to UF, but accepted into their honors program/school/college whatever it is called, just so I dont sound like a disgruntled UF reject.  Never applied to UCF, well, because it is in Orlando and that is enough of a reason

Alright. I'm still a bit surprised that you didn't know. Florida has been in the top 5 in the nation for over a decade in National Merit Scholars.

It probably was even there when you applied.

back on topic.... havent seen anything recently on Urban, but im sure he said something else stupid, so.... SHUT UP URBAN!

Pretty impressive that you haven't been able to find an article. There's usually one every other day since he's on his 20 city tour.

Check today's Florida Times Union. Basically, take a look at the Gator Gathering schedule and you'll find an article or two leading up to and following the day.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

Are you saying that you'd prefer to live in Gainesville rather than Orlando as a city with schools not being a factor?

Here's a link to back up why uf is considered one of the top public universities in the nation. From what I can see you should have accepted that admission into their honors program.

http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2005news/meritschol05.htm

well apparently most national merit scholars are idiots.... who in their right mind would take UF over Yale, Chicago, Stanford, etc??  

Yes I would rather live in Gainesville than Orlando

And I do not regret going to USF over UF at all....  I could not fathom being one of the arrogant UF grads