• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer

Guest Harvey Jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Define a ton of baggage.

2000 pounds worth of suitcases?  My guess is Deion Sanders has a couple of tons of baggage...

USFFan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  486

He is worth any risk for sure!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

He is worth any risk for sure!

Boy, I disagree with that completely.  It's time to tell these guys that they missed the boat and stop looking like the jilted girlfriend who takes back the guy who went off and had a relationship with his hot secretary.  Otherwise, most of these guys figure we'll always be there for them if things don't work out.

USFFan

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs pride

and a coach that is not a afraid to tell gys like schaeffer that they missed the boat with usf and we don't play second fiddle to anyone

but leavitt and his staff   have been easily played by teenagers in the past

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Boy, I disagree with that completely.  It's time to tell these guys that they missed the boat and stop looking like the jilted girlfriend who takes back the guy who went off and had a relationship with his hot secretary.  Otherwise, most of these guys figure we'll always be there for them if things don't work out.

I was concerned he was going to play for a school we would compete against.  I would not have enjoyed watching him run for a TD in Ray Jay wearing a different jersey.  

I think the message recruits would take from Schaeffer transferring here would be to choose USF in the first place or you will waste two years of your life.  Schaeffer also could have told future recruits UT is not all its cracked up to be.

8)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Their's been alot of confusion on this board, Shaeffer actually favors the Buffalo Bulls

Guest S.  Bien

Grow up boys.  There was going to come a point when Brent sat down and analyzed all his choices.  After looking hard at USF he would realize that USF just signed two excellent QB recruits (better than what Maryland signed), they have Courtney Denson sitting around with three years of eligibility (and Brent knows Courtney real well since he beat some of his records), and we'll have transfer Pat Carter sitting around itching to get another chance at QB if everyone else fails.  Other coaches will bring that to his attention if he doesn't pick it up himself.  AND, you can bet a kid that just got beat out at UT is going to look for a gem of an opportunity at a school with a dearth of talent at the QB position.

The only way Brent comes to USF is if he really, really, really wants to be a Bull, and come close to home.  He'd have to come not worried about the competition and be willing to ride the pine if he loses out.  One thing is certain, that the battle for the starting job at USF for QB in 2006 is going to a be fiercely contested battle; with or without Brent Schaeffer in the fold.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Grow up boys.  There was going to come a point when Brent sat down and analyzed all his choices.  After looking hard at USF he would realize that USF just signed two excellent QB recruits (better than what Maryland signed), they have Courtney Denson sitting around with three years of eligibility (and Brent knows Courtney real well since he beat some of his records), and we'll have transfer Pat Carter sitting around itching to get another chance at QB if everyone else fails.  Other coaches will bring that to his attention if he doesn't pick it up himself.  AND, you can bet a kid that just got beat out at UT is going to look for a gem of an opportunity at a school with a dearth of talent at the QB position.

The only way Brent comes to USF is if he really, really, really wants to be a Bull, and come close to home.  He'd have to come not worried about the competition and be willing to ride the pine if he loses out.  One thing is certain, that the battle for the starting job at USF for QB in 2006 is going to a be fiercely contested battle; with or without Brent Schaeffer in the fold.

well said!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

usf needs pride

Like dumping season tix because of a hire ?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

USFFan

You REALLY think High school kids look at what happened to other kids previously before commiting? If that was the case think how many wouldnt have gone to the big names schools that promise them the world only to learn a year later that there is a new golden boy arriving. I would list the names but i would be here for a long time. If they can help you get better you take them. In industry you bring a guy from another company if he could help you even if he turned you down comming out of college. Bottomline is if someone is TALENTED and can HELP you then you take them.

If he comes well have more competition at a key spot and have better odds at having the QB position that can deliver. Denson,Hill and Grothe look like great gets but they havent proven nor won even ONE game at USF. I hope they all succeed but USF needs to do all it can to strengthen itself.