• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Not Getting Big Budget Boost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

in all fairness, it's pretty much just one ucf fan who believes the tampa tribune is a usf propaganda machine (who also happens to unhealthily reside in south tampa, which adds to his problem).

i agree, it's better to do this the right way, we need to build this program for the long haul. hopefully that new marketing campaign they keep talking about will be successful. even with a lackluster season, with proper marketing we can honestly expect a 40,000 attendance avg. this year and that in itself will do much more in terms of perception than any budget increase. i'm just glad  we're finally getting the sun dome renovated and possibly a new baseball field.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Its prudent budgeting, they aren't counting their chickens before they hatch, and will count the BE cash boost as it is received this year.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

the admins have a post as html option

That explains a few of those snazzy posts I've seen you make recently.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you caught me ;D

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I guess this means another year at Motel 6.  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Spending $29 million on the Sun Dome isn't exactly chump change...   This is great news.   A lot can be done with the Sun Dome using that kind of money.   Not changing the operating budget is not that big of a deal at this point.   We have and are making major strides in upgrading facilities.   That is right where the focus belongs.   The operating budget will also increase with time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Spending $29 million on the Sun Dome isn't exactly chump change...   This is great news.   A lot can be done with the Sun Dome using that kind of money.   Not changing the operating budget is not that big of a deal at this point.   We have and are making major strides in upgrading facilities.   That is right where the focus belongs.   The operating budget will also increase with time.

LB ... I agree with you... but recognize that the money is all being BORROWED.

So that means there will be debt payments that need to be included in future budgets.  $54 million over 30 years (typical term for a government bond)... that amounts to something like $3 million+ per year...

If we only increase by $500,000 -- we will have to CUT budgets to make the debt payments on the new facilities.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Jim...I don't think such borrowing comes out of the athletic budget. It's a completely separate issue.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

LB ... I agree with you... but recognize that the money is all being BORROWED.

So that means there will be debt payments that need to be included in future budgets.  $54 million over 30 years (typical term for a government bond)... that amounts to something like $3 million+ per year...

If we only increase by $500,000 -- we will have to CUT budgets to make the debt payments on the new facilities.

That's not necessarily true Jim.  We're requesting the full amount, but we are also fundraising to help off-set that cost.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Does the debt service on the New Athletic facility come out of the Athletic Budget?