• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN FOOTBALL TEAM IN TROUBLE

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Well guys, I just came on here to alert you all to recent developments at UCONN today. It is sickening to say the least. I am posting a link for you so you can see what some of us Uconn fans are saying and there are also links to an article previewing Uconn's season this year. Uconn depth is going to take a hit. Branch is the best of the group and played well for us last year. This is truly a bad day for Uconn and the Big East. Just when we get the ACC crapola behind us, this has to happen.

http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=642

I hope this is helpful to those wanting to learn more about Uconn and what the impact will be. Personally, I think the team will be just fine. The school's reputation is going to be tarnished to a degree AND THIS IS WHAT I FIND MOST UNACCEPTABLE >:(

DW

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that sucks :(

every school gets a couple bad apples... toss em in the garbage disposal and move on.  It'll be tough losing talented players, but i'm sure you've got some people to take there place.  Depth might be a problem.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Velcro for feeling my pain. I thought this kind of thing only happened in the ACC..... go figure??  Actually, this isn't the first incident with athletes her in Connecticut. Our most recent problem was with a kid named Antonio Kellogg. Arrest for drug possession and resisting arrest. What a loser. He was in part the reason, in my opinion, for Ucon's early exit in last years NCAA tournament. That is when the problems became public and Kellogg was suspended. It left us with no backup at point guard.  It is unfortunate this kind of thing happens. Yet, we have to remember these kids are very young. Thug? I don't know. Perhaps that is a bit harsh, but that is what can be expected to be said from those (not you) that want to revel in a rival's disgrace. It is part of sports and I take no offense. What goes around comes around and it will likely happen at USF as well, if not already ...... hmmmm, who is that young QB (Hill) you all have coming to town???  Not exactly squeaky clean now is he???  ;)  :P

DW

we've had our share (and then some) of off the field problems... i don't recall any shootings involved... but who knows.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

In reading the story, it is obvious that Donta Moore was the shooter by the number of charges he received as opposed to the rest.  With that in mind, how do all the rest get charged with possesion of a firearm?  Did they ALL have weapons?  It occurs to me that the other 4 players will probably see their charges dropped, as you can't realistically charge 5 people with possession of 1 firearm.  1 person brought it into the vehicle, 1 person fired it, so realistically the bulk of the charges should be against that person(s).

I would think the driver might have some problems... as they are responsible for the people in that car...

like if a passenger doesn't have a seatbelt... it is the driver that gets the ticket.

I would think they might look at it that way... so then 2 people would have a big problem and the other 3 would be dropped.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

How many Huskies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?   ;D

can huskies fit in a light bulb?