• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Coaches' Salaries in Florida

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.
How they stack up

Meyer is the highest-paid college coach in the state. Some others: FSU's Bobby Bowden $1.85-million, Miami's Larry Coker $1.4-million and USF's Jim Leavitt $568,080. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Coker is negotiating a new deal. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is the highest paid overall at $2.3-million.

...Though Meyer will average about $2-million a year, most of the money comes from the private University Athletic Association. Only his base salary, which starts at $225,000 and climbs roughly $7,000 a year, will come from state funds....

Sp.Times

--------------

UCF's Coach O'leary:

O’Leary’s base salary is $200,000 a year; he’ll receive $500,000 a year for radio, television and speaking services. He can also receive bonuses for reaching goals that include higher graduation rates for players.
A Graduate Degree Pays More

Colonel Sanders at FAU:

Schnellenberger agreed to a seven-year contract for $150,000 annually.

But he just got a 2 year extension so I'm sure it went up some, maybe a dollar or two.Free KFC for all recruits & their family!

By the way, Doherty:

Doherty inked a seven-year $171,000 contract, which is well above the $140,000 ceiling FAU was offering. Angelos noted that private donors were responsible for the remaining $31,000, and the incentives were still being worked out. Doherty made $855,000 at North Carolina.
Life after the BIG TIME

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

CJL is paid VERY WELL for the results we've had up to this point.  He needs to earn his next raise.  That means get us to a bowl.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

meyer has a $500K clothing allowance and two cars

i thought the side line blue and orange outfit was free

wow that's a lot of armani suits no wonder he told touchdown jesus to take a hike!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

CJL is paid VERY WELL for the results we've had up to this point.  He needs to earn his next raise.  That means get us to a bowl.

WTF?

Was it jim leavitt's fault that our athletic director could not get him enough DI-AA games two years ago? Was it CJL's fault that despite going 9-2 while finishing in the BCS Top 25 did not get a bowl invitation?

Was it CJL fault that all he had to recruit out of trailers and sell players on working out in tiny high school gym until last year?

Was it CJL's fault that we beat Pitt, Louisville, Southern Miss among others?

Is it CJL's fault that he has that the USF fans embarrassed the program two weekend's in a row late last season with the no shows on national TV against Pitt and Memphis?

I guess Jim's a rotten coach b/c he hasn't won a BCS bowl game yet ....  ::)

Guest S.  Bien

Good point's Cyber.

In the reality of things Jim Leavitt is paid very well as base salaries go.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Leavitt is a big boy, I dont think he needs people making excuses for him.  He has obviously brought the program a long way.  But if you honestly believe that he is bulletproof you are living a dream.  He has at least 2 years to turn this team into a winner or the possibility of him getting axed will become a reality.  

This is a business, loyalty only gets you so far.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

WTF?

Was it jim leavitt's fault that our athletic director could not get him enough DI-AA games two years ago? Was it CJL's fault that despite going 9-2 while finishing in the BCS Top 25 did not get a bowl invitation?

Was it CJL fault that all he had to recruit out of trailers and sell players on working out in tiny high school gym until last year?

Was it CJL's fault that we beat Pitt, Louisville, Southern Miss among others?

Is it CJL's fault that he has that the USF fans embarrassed the program two weekend's in a row late last season with the no shows on national TV against Pitt and Memphis?

I guess Jim's a rotten coach b/c he hasn't won a BCS bowl game yet ....  ::)

::)

Wow.  Relax.  

Where did I say he's a rotten coach?  He's making over half a mill and hasn't been to a bowl.   I would imagine that he is one of very few coaches who has that distinction.

There was an easy way to go to a bowl the year we went 9-2....go 10-1.

What does attendance have to do with the coaches' salary/going to a bowl game?

Was it Leavitt's fault he didn't recruit a decent QB besides MB for the first 8 years of this program?  Well, yes.  I don't care if we're recruiting out of a crack house, there's way too much talent in the state to have the lack of depth we've at at the most important posiition on the football field.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Leavitt is a big boy, I dont think he needs people making excuses for him.  He has obviously brought the program a long way.  But if you honestly believe that he is bulletproof you are living a dream.  He has at least 2 years to turn this team into a winner or the possibility of him getting axed will become a reality.  

This is a business, loyalty only gets you so far.

He may not be bullet-proof but I can bet you as sure as I am standing that Jim Leavitt would need more than two more sub-par years to get fired from USF.  He's not bullet-proof but his skin might be made of kevlar.

It's mainly the ignorant fans that demand the impossible, and have an impossible time rationalizing what Leavitt has achieved for this University with so little at his disposal, who believe he's not bullet-proof.  The fact is that once Leavitt gets the talent in to compensate for the increased competition level, and he's given time to develop them, he will be fine and sending us to bowls annually.    

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

::)

Wow.  Relax.  

Where did I say he's a rotten coach?  He's making over half a mill and hasn't been to a bowl.   I would imagine that he is one of very few coaches who has that distinction.

There was an easy way to go to a bowl the year we went 9-2....go 10-1.

What does attendance have to do with the coaches' salary/going to a bowl game?

Was it Leavitt's fault he didn't recruit a decent QB besides MB for the first 8 years of this program?  Well, yes.  I don't care if we're recruiting out of a crack house, there's way too much talent in the state to have the lack of depth we've at at the most important posiition on the football field.

Amen brother.  Nobody is saying that CJL sucks.  He just does not deserve a raise until he takes USF to the next level.  

If you really want to push the issue and annoy the CJL fanbois, then look at Howard Schnellenberger.  He took FAU to the D-1AA playoffs, and he only makes $150,000.  Even CJL could not do that, and he had M. Blackwell as QB.